Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reservation change problem

millliegirl229
Explorer C

Received email changing 12/24/2020 flight from non-stop getting in early afternoon to a flight with a stop in Chicago getting in at 9pm, this change is unacceptable for a Christmas Eve day flight. Went to website on computer and phone to change and get error so tried calling and on hold with wait time estimated "over 120 minutes" with recording telling me to go to the website for easy change. Ugh, this is so frustrating! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Reservation change problem

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Try the live chat option in the app or call back tomorrow. Calling right when everyone else is getting change notifications is probably not the best idea. 

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@millliegirl229 wrote:

Received email changing 12/24/2020 flight from non-stop getting in early afternoon to a flight with a stop in Chicago getting in at 9pm, this change is unacceptable for a Christmas Eve day flight. Went to website on computer and phone to change and get error so tried calling and on hold with wait time estimated "over 120 minutes" with recording telling me to go to the website for easy change. Ugh, this is so frustrating! 

I always recommend using the chat function in the app (when available), or contacting a rep via Twitter or Facebook direct message if you're unable to make the needed changes online yourself.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

So sorry for the frustrating change, @millliegirl229! For information on contacting Southwest using the chat tool, check out the article below.

How to Use the Mobile App Chat Feature 

Nicole
Community Manager