Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rip Off

jcortes836
Explorer C

I booked a group travel to Cabo Mexico and paid $500 deposit.  I called to cancel due to the WORLD PANDEMIC that we all are facing.  I was told that there is nothing they can do to refund my deposit.  This makes no sense since the President just advised no groups over 50 people.  Last time I flew there was way more than 50 people on the SW plane.  I have always flown on SW but this is just WRONG!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rip Off

bec102896
Aviator A

Is this a deposit for a group reservation? If so as of now they haven't changed any policies for group reservations but that could change so I'd wait and hopefully something will change.

-Blake 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@jcortes836 did you see the following post?  If I were you I would use the email address provided to make your refund request:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/GLOBAL-PANDEMIC-ZERO-EMPATHY/m-p/103662/hig...

Customer | Home airport DCA

saltmanone
Explorer B

Similar problem that you have J ,only a little more expensive. Group of ten people 9 of which are over the age of 70  an one who is in the sixties. Two seniors have problems and with the warnings about the virus do not want to endanger themselves and others. The remaining eight have decided not to go. We do not have the perks of a individual purchase,yet after paying a sum of $3163.oo, the virus came. SW is standing firm on their policy. We are just asking for a voucher we can use after the crisis,if we are still able to travel. I strongly feel this is a case of discrimination,because only individual purchase tickets are getting the extra extensions. 

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@saltmanone I don't work for Southwest but if I were you I would contact their groups department based on the content of the post I linked to.  Here is some of the text from the linked post:

"If you are requesting a refund for any reason, please send your request in writing to SouthwestGroupTravelRefunds-DG@wnco.com along with any supporting documentation for our consideration. Due to the our high volumes, we will be able respond within 5-7 days."

Customer | Home airport DCA

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We are also helping to rebook if your event is rescheduled and honoring the original fare. Please give Groups a call and see how they can help with your group's specific needs. The Group Travel Services number is 1-800-433-5368 and hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to midnight Central time. 

Nicole
Community Manager

NOTHAPPY99
Explorer B

I agree.  I too tried to get a refund instead of a voucher and have not been successful.  They are going to get a bail out from the government and keep our money.  Double dipping. Shame on you Southwest.