Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rip Off

CH3
Explorer C

First, I had to cancel trip to Hawaii due to their 14 day quarantine.  Southwest promise a refund within 30 days which is ridiculous because it doesn't take that long. But it would be refund prior to interest on credit card. Well, it's been over 30 days, now they say 90 days. I call BS. It doesn't take that long. Then they want air credit until March 30th which is still impossible. They are just ripping people off and taking their money. Don't book with Southwest. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rip Off

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@CH3 wrote:

First, I had to cancel trip to Hawaii due to their 14 day quarantine.  Southwest promise a refund within 30 days which is ridiculous because it doesn't take that long. But it would be refund prior to interest on credit card. Well, it's been over 30 days, now they say 90 days. I call BS. It doesn't take that long. Then they want air credit until March 30th which is still impossible. They are just ripping people off and taking their money. Don't book with Southwest. 

This doesn't sound right. Most people are reporting refunds posting within 7 days.

Did you by chance book through Southwest Vacations? If so, that's actually a completely different company, ALG Vacations Corp. (Apple Leisure Group). Unfortunately, despite the similar names and marketing partnership, Southwest Airlines can't help you at all with any issues from a Southwest Vacation booking. (Yes, I know how confusing and dumb that is.)

Unfortunately, you'll have to contact Southwest Vacations for help.

Re: Rip Off

bec102896
Aviator A

If you booked a flight only reservation with southwest directly on Southwest.com or the southwest app then I would reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or reach out to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook to see if they can get you an update on your refund. 

If you booked a flight+Hotel package that was done though Southwest Vacations and you would need to reach out to them for assistance as mentioned above. 

-Blake