Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ripid Covid testing for Hawaii

sheleeg4617
Explorer C

Hello, 

I am planning to fly to Hawaii on a direct flight from Austin, Texas. Will there be any Hawaii approved rapid testing sites in Austin?  Many that I see are on the west coast. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ripid Covid testing for Hawaii

bec102896
Aviator A

There's a direct SW flight to Hawaii From AUS? The only airline I know of with a direct flight is Hawaiian and that hasn't started yet. 

Anyways there are many places outside of the airport to get a test before going to the airport. I haven't seen any testing sites at the Austin airport in the last few weeks when I've been flying to/from AUS. 

-Blake

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@bec102896 "Direct flight" that was the first thing I thought as well.  

bec102896
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007  SW might have a one stop no plane change but no non stops from AUS yet. I wish though. Hawaiian will have a non stop flight from AUS starting April 21st.  

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Honestly, that long of a flight I prefer a stop to just stretch my legs.  Guess that's why I have never flown across any oceans yet, just to Hawaii and Mexico.

bec102896
Aviator A

I agree I like the layover just to stretch my legs and use a regular bathroom and grab a snack because on a ling flight like that airline snacks aren't the most exciting.