Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ryan Green is a liar

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C
  • Southwest has been booking hotels, rental cars and tickets for customers impacted by the delays, Ryan Green, Southwest's chief commercial officer, told the Journal.

Where us this happening? I asked the counter staff at DTW for a hotel and meal voucher and was flat out refused because they were blaming the flight delays on the weather!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ryan Green is a liar

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Some airports have no hotels to give out the airline partners with several hotels when they are full they will say they have no hotels. Your best bet is to book a hotel (not the 5 star $900 suite) and keep the receipt and same with meals keep the receipt and submit to Southwest once travel is complete 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Requests for reimbursement can be filed here:

https://www.southwest.com/traveldisruption/

--TheMiddleSeat

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

Wouldn't have to if they had given me a voucher in the first place. 

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

There were hotels.  They didn't give me a voucher because they stated cancelation was solely due to weather,  which we all know now is a lie. Put me thru hell for no reason.

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

If you were told that Southwest is / was providing meals, transportation, hotels, etc. because of the weather you should be suspect of that. Airlines (all of them) are not required to provide anything in the case of weather (Force Majure), only if the delay / cancellation is due to an airline maintenance issue (the airline's liability). It seems unfair, and I was impacted too with my entire Florida Holiday trip canceled; but I appreciate that Southwest is prioritizing safety over schedule. And I believe they're doing everything within their power to recover from this situation and return operations to full capacity. Likewise, I hope things work out for you too.      

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)