SHAME ON SOUTHWEST NO FEDERAL BAILOUT

apm
Adventurer C

Mr. Gary C. Kelly Chairman & CEO
Mr. Thomas M. Nealon Pres
Ms. Tammy Romo Exec. VP & CFO
Mr. Michael G. Van de Ven Chief Operating Officer
Mr. Robert E. Jordan Exec. VP of Corp. Services

Above Insiders should be forced to liquidate shares at current share prices on day prior to gifts of 

federal money which just boost their wealth. 

Pres. Given 178,438 new shares in January, COO Given 243,222 new shares in January.
SW not feeling the LUV for their customers by not issuing refunds for tickets. So in reality they are making this revenue without any cost of 

flights. They are taking advantage of this unprecedented pandemic and grabbing customers
money without making any exceptions. 

Sure business is impacted, it is everywhere for everyone.
But they want the Government to help them out as an exception. 

You can not have it both ways if you want exceptions then make exceptions, 

If you get $ then give $.  Take care of your customers now or they will remember that you did not when they you needed the most. SHAME ON SOUTHWEST

SHAME ON SOUTHWEST.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: SHAME ON SOUTHWEST NO FEDERAL BAILOUT

bec102896
Aviator A

apm
Adventurer C

I just sent in my 4th email request for a ticket refund with this new policy attached. Hoping that customer service will reply and resolve this and other customer's issues.

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation and only a minute to destroy it, Southwest should learn this lesson if they wish to stay an industry leader in customer service and train and trust their frontline customer representatives and supervisors to make the right decision.

People remember more what you do in times of distress then what you do everyday.

Southwest should have been more proactive and open to exceptions and not created the hostility they feel today from their actions in these unprecedented times. Those are lofty expectations and ones that your company should build and strive for.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We appreciate your concern as we navigate these uncertain times together, @apm. Southwest has continued to offer industry-leading flexibility when it comes to our fares, and we regret letting you down. While we won’t be offering refunds of our nonrefundable fares, we’re happy to ensure each Passenger is maximizing the use of their travel funds. For the latest update on travel funds, click here

Nicole
Community Manager

apm
Adventurer C

Nicole,

Refunds should be available to all customers if they request them. This is not a minor event, this is a once in a decade event that requires  compassion and understanding from all companies to their customers. Southwest's policies normally fine in the industry in offering changes to tickets and Southwest has budged a bit in this distressed time in their policy to offer a little bit of help in extending the dates which credits may be used. BUT there are people that do not have an income due to this pandemic and having Southwest HOLD on to their money while these people  can not feed their families or buy their medications or pay their mortgage is NOT compassionate or understanding. SHAME on Southwest for putting profits over people, SHAME on Southwest for hiding behind a policy. This non understanding and lack of compassion is what will be remembered long after this pandemic is over.  Please forward this to RYAN GREEN your SVP of marketing and CMO. He seems to understand and perhaps will have the foresight and ability to make exceptions for customers who are going through unprecedented distressful times. BTW customer service was not helpful on my 4th refund request, so there will be a 5th and I will continue until this is resolved to my satisfaction. As I am not working I can dedicate my time to bringing this issue to light. Southwest perhaps is hoping that a good % of the credits they are issuing will never be used as some of the holders of these credits will DIE from this pandemic or be too sick to pursue their refund. Perhaps Southwest is also hoping that many customers will be so impoverished that will not be able to bring a class action lawsuit or petition the Federal Government to not reward the airline with bailout $.  Lucky everyone is using social media more while social distancing. Remember you can work a lifetime to build a good reputation and it only takes one bad decision to ruin it. I am not going to let this rest until it is resolved by Southwest with compassion and understanding of the times we are currently in and I hope not to get too ill or die to be able to see this through.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@apm wrote:

Nicole,

Refunds should be available to all customers if they request them. This is not a minor event, this is a once in a decade event that requires  compassion and understanding from all companies to their customers. Southwest's policies normally fine in the industry in offering changes to tickets and Southwest has budged a bit in this distressed time in their policy to offer a little bit of help in extending the dates which credits may be used. BUT there are people that do not have an income due to this pandemic and having Southwest HOLD on to their money while these people  can not feed their families or buy their medications or pay their mortgage is NOT compassionate or understanding. SHAME on Southwest for putting profits over people, SHAME on Southwest for hiding behind a policy. This non understanding and lack of compassion is what will be remembered long after this pandemic is over.  Please forward this to RYAN GREEN your SVP of marketing and CMO. He seems to understand and perhaps will have the foresight and ability to make exceptions for customers who are going through unprecedented distressful times. BTW customer service was not helpful on my 4th refund request, so there will be a 5th and I will continue until this is resolved to my satisfaction. As I am not working I can dedicate my time to bringing this issue to light. Southwest perhaps is hoping that a good % of the credits they are issuing will never be used as some of the holders of these credits will DIE from this pandemic or be too sick to pursue their refund. Perhaps Southwest is also hoping that many customers will be so impoverished that will not be able to bring a class action lawsuit or petition the Federal Government to not reward the airline with bailout $.  Lucky everyone is using social media more while social distancing. Remember you can work a lifetime to build a good reputation and it only takes one bad decision to ruin it. I am not going to let this rest until it is resolved by Southwest with compassion and understanding of the times we are currently in and I hope not to get too ill or die to be able to see this through.

So if Southwest were to do this and then go bankrupt, resulting in the loss of 60,000 SW jobs plus at least 40,000 at companies that SW buys from, how would you feel?

If you were the SW CEO, what would you think about that tradeoff? Would you be willing to put 100,000+ people out of work?

curtislw
Explorer C

So now Southwest has taken a bailout at our expense. And they still refuse to give refunds because they call the fare non refundable. That was all done before this outbreak. I cancelled our flight because of the threat of possibly being infected in a close proximity to others. So I guess they get twice the bail out. One from us who paid and won't be flying and again from all tax payers.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Curtis -- haven't you heard?  --no airline has received a bailout yet.