Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW COST ME MONEY!!!!

HUNTER1TREAD
Explorer C

CRAP!!!! Second time in a row I've had my flights changed. I book 6 months in advance so I can make my connecting flights with Denver Air Connection work out. Had to pay a $50/ person ($100 total) fee change with DAC and SW won't even comp Frequent Flyer miles for this exspense. Guess it's time ti get rid of my SW FF card and go Capital 1 so I can fly Delta. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: SW COST ME MONEY!!!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Unfortunately flights get changed, delayed, canceled, etc and no airline is going to compensate you for how those changes may affect your connection to another airline if they are not a codeshare partner. Perhaps you should be mad at DAC for charging a change fee, something Southwest doesn't do.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWDigits
Aviator A
That’s not fun! Having said that, some credit cards offer trip delay insurance as a benefit for booking with the card, check with your provider. There are also many travel insurance companies selling policies for situations like the one you described.

Customer | Home airport DCA

HUNTER1TREAD
Explorer C

Most likely gonna cancel my SW Rewards card and go with Capitol One so I can fly Delta or United. SW could have spotted my fly points at least. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're so sorry for the frustration. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we're not equipped to assist you here. We encourage you to reach out to us via the options in the link below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

Shellbell_76377
Explorer B

From what I have dealt with it doesn't change anything to contact customer relations. I will also be canceling my southwest card and going with Delta. Southwest doesn't seem to be concerned with losing customers. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Shellbell_76377 wrote:

From what I have dealt with it doesn't change anything to contact customer relations. I will also be canceling my southwest card and going with Delta. Southwest doesn't seem to be concerned with losing customers. 

SW doesn't lose any more customers than any other airline - probably less. A certain subgroup of passengers have it "up to here" and swear off an airline every year. I've done it.

There are reasons SW flies more people in the lower 48 than anyone else (and has for years), as well as having the best customer satisfaction score of major airlines. 

Sorry to hear you are leaving..If / when you get tired of the various fees the others charge, feel free to return.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I hope you tried asking Southwest for an additional change - if they changed the flight automatically (their best guess) they would normally be receptive to change it again after finding out your preferences for timing.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Not sure what Denver Air Connection is (another airline?), but this doesn't sound like a Southwest problem if DAC charged you a fee to change a flight ... Southwest doesn't charge fees for flight changes, you only pay the difference in fare if the fare increases when you rebook, or you get a credit if the fare decreases when you rebook. One of the many perks of Southwest :cathappy: 

--Jessica