Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW Changed my flight

dayahrostam
Explorer C

I booked a roundtrip ticket. SW modified only my departing flight. I want to change my returning flight, but the change flight window keeps on showing the option to change the modified flight at no cost only. I understand that the no-cost flight change can only be used for the modified departing flight and cannot be used on the returning flight which no modification by the SW has been made. I just want to change my returning flight at my own cost but I was not able to do that since the option is not there. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SW Changed my flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

The online systems only allow the passenger to modify the flight that Southwest changed.

I am assuming that change made your return flight less viable.

So you'll need to contact the airline. Id suggest using the cell app chat function or e-mail.

Click on contact us below to access the e-mail (and other) options.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Don't use the link that was sent in the change notification email. Log into your account as usual, then select the itinerary, then select only the return flight to change.

bec102896
Aviator A

I would call and maybe the agent can change the return for free as well since your "reservation" was affected by the schedule change.