Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW changed my 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight to a 6 hour and 10 minute flight!

collshan
Explorer C

Hello everyone,

SW just changed my 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight from Portland to San Diego to a 6 hour and 10 minute flight!  I got my reservations a long time ago for a graduation. I am actually in dis-belief this can happen! We are taking the Coaster train up the coast to the city we are going to and need to stick with our schedule. I am sure hoping SW will correct this. Has anyoone had this experience?

CS

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SW changed my 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight to a 6 hour and 10 minute flight!

SWDigits
Aviator A
If your trip is scheduled for April or May then it is likely that the adjustment was made due to schedule changes for the MAX 8 grounding.

If the new times do not work for you then you need to get in touch with Southwest to see if other options are available.

More info available here:
https://www.southwest.com/html/air/737-MAX-8.html?clk=737MAX8_190408

Customer | Home airport DCA

Re: SW changed my 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight to a 6 hour and 10 minute flight!

bec102896
Aviator A

@collshan 

Sorry to hear your flight was affected by a schedule change. I recommend you reach out to Southwest by the Live chat option on the Southwest app or you can reach out to southwest at 800-435-9792 and one of the representatives would be glad to assist you.

As @SWDigits mentioned your original flight was probably affected by the ongoing MAX cancellations.  

hope your able to get a more desirable itinerary without any trouble

Blake