Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW is not honoring my two LUV vouchers

GoKito
Explorer C

My flight on March 12, 2022 from FLL to STL was canceled. There were many cancellations that day due to weather delays (we were told). There was lots of havoc at the FLL airport. I was finally directed to the Southwest counter after waiting for several hours. The agent gave me two LUV vouchers as a consolation. They were for $200 each. These consolation vouchers have an expiration date of 12Mar23.

I recently tried to book a flight using the vouchers. The agent said the vouchers did not have the $200 balance that is written on them.  I was told twice that the vouchers had already been used for previous flights. How? I never redeemed them. Are the vouchers worthless? If so, that's not right. Southwest should stand by what they gave me. Please advise.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: SW is not honoring my two LUV vouchers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your best bet is to contact Southwest in writing with the details about the vouchers, including number and request their assistance with it.  Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Vouchers may not be used to pay taxes and airport fees. So, If you used only vouchers to buy the ticket, that is the rule that likely prevented you from doing so.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can also check the balance of a voucher here:

https://www.southwest.com/travel-funds/

Be sure to click on the Southwest LUV voucher tab, then enter the voucher info

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Whenever you use a voucher or travel fund to buy a ticket, the system accepts it and confirms the value of the voucher. If the voucher has ANY money left that is the case.

So did the system not accept the voucher? If not what did the system tell you about the value.

Note: if there is $0 value, then the system will tell you that, too.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@GoKito wrote:

My flight on March 12, 2022 from FLL to STL was canceled. There were many cancellations that day due to weather delays (we were told). There was lots of havoc at the FLL airport. I was finally directed to the Southwest counter after waiting for several hours. The agent gave me two LUV vouchers as a consolation. They were for $200 each. These consolation vouchers have an expiration date of 12Mar23.

I recently tried to book a flight using the vouchers. The agent said the vouchers did not have the $200 balance that is written on them.  I was told twice that the vouchers had already been used for previous flights. How? I never redeemed them. Are the vouchers worthless? If so, that's not right. Southwest should stand by what they gave me. Please advise.  Thank you.

Could your email  have been hacked or otherwise someone got the details of the vouchers?

You'll need to do as @TheMiddleSeat  suggested and forward the details to the Contact Us page.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

GoKito
Explorer C
Solution

I am happy to report that Southwest rectified the situation with my LUV vouchers. They issued me a new voucher for $150 that expires in a year. I’m satisfied with that outcome. I want to thank Southwest for their excellent customer service. I look forward to flying with the airline again.