Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW..stand firm against Vaccine requirements

Tooleyjane
Explorer C

I hope SW will stand with their loyal customers and let people fly in peace. No vaccine required! It's way past time to move on from the scare of covid.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SW..stand firm against Vaccine requirements

dfwskier
Aviator A

IMO no airline will unilaterally make the decision to require passengers to be vaccinated.

Why? Too much risk of lost business.

It'll be a different story if the feds mandate it...

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I was really hoping people wouldn't start yet one more thread about something that isn't going to happen.  Just when the last one finally died down someone had to go and start up a new one.  Thanks!

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

Lol I'm with you... really no point in arguing about it here. 

But that said,  here in California vaccines are soon required for school kids and to go out to indoor venues in LA.

So I'm willing to bet on them mandating it for air travel sooner or later.   The odds seem to be swinging in that direction.   

The question then becomes... when does your vaccine expire?   

Mark my words.... it's coming. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

The posts keep coming because everything keeps changing by the day/week/month. You'd be surprised how many people are convinced that you need a vaccine to fly. This has never been the case, but a lot of people actually think that you need one - when you don't. 

@gsking wrote:

The question then becomes... when does your vaccine expire?   

Mark my words.... it's coming. 

I have been trying to get an answer to this for months and have been unable. Sure getting vaccinated and showing your vaccine card to enter an establishment (which I just did last night, thank you city of Philadelphia) is one thing. But what happens in 6 months? 9 months? A year? Will my vaccine card still be valid? Why or why not? Equally important: will I eventually be considered "less vaxxed" because I got J&J vs Pfizer which has a booster option? (Case in point: Look at Israel where now you are only considered "fully vaccinated" if you have 3 shots.)

So many unanswered questions; I don't see how showing your "vax card" in general is a sustainable option as time goes on and dates will surely become an issue. The whole premise needs to be dropped, in my opinion. We functioned just fine until March 2020 without caring about vaccination status at all - it shouldn't matter now. Get your yearly COVID and flu shots if you so desire and have that be the end of it. 

--Jessica