Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA booking full flights

Cydkjones
New Arrival

With a new more contagious variant of COVID-19, I’m disappointed that SWA chose profits over people. Just like most ready air ants must operate at less than full capacity, SWA’s changed policy before everyone is able to get a vaccine is truly disappointing.  The response was “Delta is the only airline still leaving the middle seat open” does southwest lead the industry or just do what everyone else does?

 

I was loyal to a fault because I did think SWA cared about their customers, now I’m certain they don’t and I’ll go with the cheapest price from here on in. If you only care about your money, I’ll only care about my money.

29 REPLIES 29

Re: SWA booking full flights

dfwskier
Top Contributor

Numerous studies have shown that the chance of getting the virus on a plane is exceedingly small : somewhere between 1 in 400,000 and 1 in 600,000 passengers.

, and most of those were infected before mask wearing was wide spread.,

 

Another study showed the Flight Attendants are being infected at a LOWER rate than the general  public These people spend their work lives on these "dangerous" planes and yet their infection rate is lower. How  could that be? 

 

Why would every airline except Delta be filling all seats? Explanation is above.

 

Oh, when you pick your next ticket,  be sure to comprehend the extra costs you'll pay: bags, seats, other fees etc. etc.

 

Happy flying.

Re: SWA booking full flights

Cydkjones
New Arrival

I have 3 flight attendant friends that contracted Covid. And it interesting that you know more than medical experts who aren’t clear about variants. 
my comments are my opinions, it’s not for trolls. So like or dislike but unless your an airline representative ( which would further make me not want to fly SWA) I’m not really interested in your fake facts 

Re: SWA booking full flights

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@Cydkjones wrote:

I have 3 flight attendant friends that contracted Covid. And it interesting that you know more than medical experts who aren’t clear about variants. 
my comments are my opinions, it’s not for trolls. So like or dislike but unless your an airline representative ( which would further make me not want to fly SWA) I’m not really interested in your fake facts 


Yes, airline employees get the bug less than the general public. I didn’t make this up

 

search for: us airline employees report lower Covid-19 infection than public

 

come back after reading it and let us know what the articles said

Re: SWA booking full flights

Cydkjones
New Arrival

I have 3 flight attendant friends that contracted Covid. And it interesting that you know more than medical experts who aren’t clear about variants. 
my comments are my opinions, it’s not for trolls. So like or dislike but unless your an airline representative ( which would further make me not want to fly SWA) I’m not really interested in your fake facts .

Re: SWA booking full flights

PDFelter
Active Member

Sorry your 3 friends contracted Covid.  But I'd take those odds anytime!  3 out of the how many thousands of flight attendants on how many flights?  I just flew 4 flights with my husband over the last month.  No issues.

 

Covid numbers are dropping significantly every day.  Maybe now because the actual cause of the illness is being reported correctly and everything isn't Covid related.  #MyOpinion

 

If you choose not to fly because you don't feel it is right for you, that is ok.  

Re: SWA booking full flights

PetertheProphet
Active Member

@PDFelter wrote:

Sorry your 3 friends contracted Covid.  But I'd take those odds anytime!  3 out of the how many thousands of flight attendants on how many flights?  I just flew 4 flights with my husband over the last month.  No issues.

 

Covid numbers are dropping significantly every day.  Maybe now because the actual cause of the illness is being reported correctly and everything isn't Covid related.  #MyOpinion

 

If you choose not to fly because you don't feel it is right for you, that is ok.  


Your comment is somewhat dishonest. You say that "you didn't have any issues" in response to the original poster expressing his concerns about flying during this time period, yet you willfully left out the fact that Southwest Airlines requires all passengers to wear face masks. Because this is a customer-to-customer forum, I'm curious as to why you left that part out? 

 

Regardless of your stance on the face mask issue, to act as if face masks aren't an "issue" is dishonest and disregards the original poster's concern. The original poster made it clear that he did NOT want to fall sick. The scientific and medical literature show that the use of face masks makes people MORE susceptible to disease. So by intentionally choosing to leave out the fact that masks are required for all passengers, your post doesn't adequately address the concerns he brought up. Please make sure that your posts directly address the OP's concerns.

Re: SWA booking full flights

PDFelter
Active Member

@PetertheProphet  I was not dishonest in my post.  We had no issues with anything.  I probably could have added "we did not contract Covid on any of our 4 flights".  

 

Again, if the original poster had a problem with flying during these times, they need to find a different mode of transportation then.  I personally feel it is safe to fly at this time.  We both have our opinions and we both need to do what is right for ourselves.  Are we to close the business permanently because of a virus? That is what will happen if we shut down until the virus is over (hint - it isn't going away, just like the flu, colds, etc.)  

 

TO this comment that I "willfully left out the fact that Southwest Airlines requires all passengers to wear face masks".  No I didn't leave it out.  It is understood by all who fly that they require all passengers to wear face masks.  They post it everywhere, so I didn't feel the need to say it again. 

 

Re: SWA booking full flights

PetertheProphet
Active Member

@PDFelter wrote:

@PetertheProphet  I was not dishonest in my post.  We had no issues with anything.  I probably could have added "we did not contract Covid on any of our 4 flights".  

 

Again, if the original poster had a problem with flying during these times, they need to find a different mode of transportation then.  I personally feel it is safe to fly at this time.  We both have our opinions and we both need to do what is right for ourselves.  Are we to close the business permanently because of a virus? That is what will happen if we shut down until the virus is over (hint - it isn't going away, just like the flu, colds, etc.)  

 

TO this comment that I "willfully left out the fact that Southwest Airlines requires all passengers to wear face masks".  No I didn't leave it out.  It is understood by all who fly that they require all passengers to wear face masks.  They post it everywhere, so I didn't feel the need to say it again. 

 


You have no grounds to criticize the lockdowns if you are on board with the unlawful mask mandate. And the second part of your comment (see bold) is untrue. There was a time when Southwest Airlines allowed exemptions; they no longer do so. 

Re: SWA booking full flights

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@PetertheProphet wrote:

@PDFelter wrote:

@PetertheProphet  I was not dishonest in my post.  We had no issues with anything.  I probably could have added "we did not contract Covid on any of our 4 flights".  

 

Again, if the original poster had a problem with flying during these times, they need to find a different mode of transportation then.  I personally feel it is safe to fly at this time.  We both have our opinions and we both need to do what is right for ourselves.  Are we to close the business permanently because of a virus? That is what will happen if we shut down until the virus is over (hint - it isn't going away, just like the flu, colds, etc.)  

 

TO this comment that I "willfully left out the fact that Southwest Airlines requires all passengers to wear face masks".  No I didn't leave it out.  It is understood by all who fly that they require all passengers to wear face masks.  They post it everywhere, so I didn't feel the need to say it again. 

 


You have no grounds to criticize the lockdowns if you are on board with the unlawful mask mandate. And the second part of your comment (see bold) is untrue. There was a time when Southwest Airlines allowed exemptions; they no longer do so. 


For added context, Southwest Airlines is following the order issued by the CDC that requires face masks to be worn by all travelers while on public transportation. People must wear masks that completely cover both the mouth and nose while awaiting, boarding, disembarking, or traveling on airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares as they are traveling into, within, or out of the United States and U.S. territories. People must also wear masks while at transportation hubs (e.g., airports, bus or ferry terminals, train and subway stations, seaports) and other locations where people board public transportation in the United States and U.S. territories.

 

If you have a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that prevents you from wearing a mask, but still wish to travel: Southwest is currently finalizing steps for a Customer to take to apply for a disability-related exemption from the mask requirement. The first date Southwest would allow a Customer with an exemption to travel is March 21.

 

Please know that we want everyone to be comfortable sharing their unique thoughts and opinions on the Southwest Community, even those who disagree with Southwest's policies. That said, engaging with others in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict is prohibited on the Community. We encourage everyone to refresh themselves on Community User Guidelines

 

 

Nicole
Community Manager