Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SWA booking full flights

Jonesbbkr
Explorer B

I would like to chime in on the face mask policy SWA maintains they have. I fly every week and I will say this. I have seen multiple travelers, while on the plane repeatedly have their face mask down, either below their nose or below their chin, even after being asked by the flight attendant to correct how they are wearing their mask. I will also say not all flight attendants enforce the policy and when I ask them about it they reply, oh, their eating, their drinking......for two to three straight hours? Give me a break. The bottom line is that there should be a 0% risk of infection or contraction on  a flight and any measurements that can be be taken to achieve that goal should be taken. Science says stay six feet apart and when your elbow to elbow that’s not possible.

I agree with the other post that states it all about revenue and I get it, but don’t try to tell me your first priority is safety because if it was you’d follow the Science, not the pocket book. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

It has nothing to do with revenue.

the FAs can’t play policeman for everyone. They have other tasks to complete to keep the flight safe.

As long as you wear your mask, you should be fine

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Jonesbbkr, We're saddened to know you're disappointed in us. As you know, all Customers and Employees over the age of two are expected to wear face coverings over their noses and mouths unless eating or drinking.

As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but if you have noticed inconsistencies on any specific flight, we encourage you to Contact Customer Relations so we can document your concerns and follow-up internally. 

Nicole
Community Manager

Jonesbbkr
Explorer B

I have reached out SWA customer support via the phone as well as sent in emails to voice my concerns. What I have received is an apology for any inconvenience that I may have been burdened with. 

gsking
Aviator C

@Jonesbbkr wrote:

The bottom line is that there should be a 0% risk of infection or contraction on  a flight and any measurements that can be be taken to achieve that goal should be taken. Science says stay six feet apart and when your elbow to elbow that’s not possible.

I'm not quite sure what your point was,  but considering you just contradicted yourself, I'm not sure you do either. 

Science says flying on planes is safer than most other activities,  but none are 0%.  Nothing is.   Fly accordingly.   

I am flying tonight.   Just last weekend,  and the one before that, and the one before that.   I don't get bent on other people's mask etiquette.... not worth the stress. 

Jonesbbkr
Explorer B

Not sure where you see me contradicting myself but that’s your opinion for what ever you feel it’s worth.

It’s not about mask etiquette, it’s about respect for others safety and following rules and guidelines. Let me guess your a pre- boarder too

gsking
Aviator C

@Jonesbbkr wrote:

Not sure where you see me contradicting myself but that’s your opinion for what ever you feel it’s worth.

It’s not about mask etiquette, it’s about respect for others safety and following rules and guidelines. Let me guess your a pre- boarder too

You said flying should be 0% risk,  but you admit you can't have that in such close quarters.   Which is it? 

Nope,  I'm A list preferred,  and I don't block the aisle during planing OR deplaning.  I flew 50k miles last year without getting Covid... or whining about other's masks. 

Ps.  It's spelled "you're".

Jonesbbkr
Explorer B

😁

Jonesbbkr
Explorer B

I would like to chime in on the face mask policy SWA maintains they have. I fly every week and I will say this. I have seen multiple travelers, while on the plane repeatedly have their face mask down, either below their nose or below their chin, even after being asked by the flight attendant to correct how they are wearing their mask. I will also say not all flight attendants enforce the policy and when I ask them about it they reply, oh, their eating, their drinking......for two to three straight hours? Give me a break. The bottom line is that there should be a 0% risk of infection or contraction on  a flight and any measurements that can be be taken to achieve that goal should be taken. Science says stay six feet apart and when your elbow to elbow that’s not possible.

I agree with the other post that states it all about revenue and I get it, but don’t try to tell me your first priority is safety because if it was you’d follow the Science, not the pocket book. 

swa-suck-it
Explorer A

Hey Top Contributor,

Who are you to throw “facts” with no references, and insult someone for expressing an opinion?