Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA cancelled my flight- boarding position?

Aspec818
Explorer C

SW cancelled my flight and had me rebook. I was checked-in and ready to go with an A boarding group. When I re-booked the next available flight, I was bumped to the very end of the boarding group. Is this common practice for SWA? Seems only fair to me to maintain or upgrade cancelled passengers’ boarding positions, no?

1 REPLY 1

Re: SWA cancelled my flight- boarding position?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Aspec818 wrote:

SW cancelled my flight and had me rebook. I was checked-in and ready to go with an A boarding group. When I re-booked the next available flight, I was bumped to the very end of the boarding group. Is this common practice for SWA? Seems only fair to me to maintain or upgrade cancelled passengers’ boarding positions, no?

They can only offer the positions that are open, since the other flight was already slotted with customers having boarding positions assuming it was the same day, you and any others being changed to that flight as a make-up would have to fill in any vacated positions or be added at the end.

If you are A-list or A+, you can board at "A61" which can help durding irregular operations.

I think you can request a refund if you had early bird since Southwest canceled the flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.