Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA changing flights without notification

jamie109
Explorer C

My last 2 flights were changed from non stop to one stop. The last one without notification.  I am frustrated because I specifically chose SWA for the non stop option to LAS. I could have gone with another ULC Frontier for cheaper price. Now I have to make alternate arrangements.  At least notify me!!  My wife noticed the change when she was booking our flights to another location (we went with Frontier btw)  She too has had her flights changed without reason.  The 737 Max excuse is getting old btw.  Its no longer a surprise so please stop using it as a rationale for flight changes.  Just be honest and say its more economical for you, I understand and appreciate that. But NOTIFY me so i can make changes.  I am looking into getting a refund, not deferred funds but a full refund. I bought a non stop flight, you changed it.   I dont know what happened over the last year with your mechanics, etc but your service has dropped down to the level of Spirit.  I would rate Frontier ahead of you at this point.  You were a good airline, hopefully you will return to that level some day.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SWA changing flights without notification

dfwskier
Aviator A

There are no MAXs in Southwest's schedule thru early August. So any flight changes before that date are due to something else.

The airline would normally notify you if your flight number or departure time is changed. Based on what you said, apparently changing a nonstop to a direct does not trigger a notification. I suspect it should since it involved a change in arrival time.

I'd suggest you contact customer relations. Let them know you are unhappy with the change, and ask for a flight change to a nonstop (if there is one convenient for you) or a refund. The phone number is 855-234-4654

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I too had this happen to me for a flight I have booked in July. Nonstop flight got changed to a stop, no plane change. I also did not receive notification of the change, but noticed it when checking for a price change. The upside is I was allowed to change the flight to any other flight if I wanted to. I chose to leave it alone as the other non-stops were not convenient. Keep that in mind if you notice a change in the future.

--TheMiddleSeat

Btreinen
Explorer C

We have had 7 family members & friends flying SW in the last week.  Flights were cancelled at last minute, delayed 4 or more hours & a stop added to a nonstop flight!  What is going on Southwest?!  I have a nonstop flight on June 5th & have lost all faith in Southwest at this point!  I think we as customers deserve better than this & some explanations!  I have 4 family members delayed 4 hours as we speak, waiting for their flight out of Phoenix.  Does anybody have any insight on this?