Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SWA, please consider revising your requirement of wearing face coverings to a recommendation

JoshWithrow
Explorer C

C'mon, OP.  This isn't just for your safety, but the safety of those around you.  You need to look further than just yourself.  Maybe you don't care much about your own safety, but you don't get to decide that for those around you.  Don't be self righteous...  it's not becoming.

Re: SWA, please consider revising your requirement of wearing face coverings to a recommendation

flyer371
Explorer C

Southwest, please do not revise your policy that employees and passengers wear face coverings and, in fact, please enforce the requirement. There is no dispute in the science. . . for the protection of its employees and passengers and public, it is imperative that Southwest REQUIRES face coverings

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I flew Monday for the first time since March. Mask wearing in the airports was dismal. On the plane, it looked to be 100% to me. I'm flying again on Thursday. If you aren't wearing a mask, and you sit near me, expect me to say something very not nice to you. 

N82EZ
Adventurer B

Right or wrong politics aside an easy thing to do. People who medically can't wear a mask should not be out and about anyways.  "No shirt no shoes, no service" is pretty standard and well enforced.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@N82EZ wrote:

Right or wrong politics aside an easy thing to do. People who medically can't wear a mask should not be out and about anyways.  "No shirt no shoes, no service" is pretty standard and well enforced.

That ain't entirely true.

There are times when I wear a mask that I become slightly asthmatic. Off goes the mask -- and the asthma departs.

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

If you can't wear a mask due to a medical problem then you are putting yourself at great risk by flying. You are also risking contaminating a plane load of people and the flight crew.

GrumpyOldMan
Explorer A

What troubled me is when I saw the Flight Crew risking contaminating a plane load of people.

A 737-700 without masks probably has a higher death rate than a 737-MAX with masks.

Please put people that choose to not wear a mask on a no-fly list.

MrsEppy
Explorer C

Just because someone has a medical condition DOESN’T mean that they are SICK!  I have Vertigo and wearing a mask causes me to not breathe properly and eventually hyperventilate. The Flight Attendant didn’t give 2 craps less when I told them. Heartless. By the way, the Pilots don’t wear them, even though the door to the cockpit is closed, doesn’t mean that it’s sealed!

EH1206
Explorer C

I was on a flight from Denver to Ontario, CA Wednesday, June 24. Four women (a mother and three adults daughter) sat in the row in front of me.  None of them wore a mask on the flight.  When I saw this I assumed the flight attendant would ask them to wear one.  Not only did the flight attendant not say anything to them, the ladies did not wear a mask once we arrived to the airport or wait at the luggage claim.  This is a total lack of respect of the there passenger by the four women. I feel the flight attendants should have approached them since it is a "requirement" to wear a mask.  It is hard for me to believe all FOUR women have a medical condition that permits them from wearing a mask.  It will be a long time before I fly Southwest again considering the lack of concern for the other passengers by the flight crew. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

So, do you intend to fly American, United or Spirit instead?

All have announced they will sell every seat on every plane (no middle seats blocked). So much for social distancing.