Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: SWA, please consider revising your requirement of wearing face coverings to a recommendation

suesand
Explorer B

Middle seat open is a false sense of safety.  There are still passengers immediately ahead and behind and even same aisle less than 6 feet away,  The main safety enhancement is all wearing masks.  Very unfortunate that wearing them for the safety of those within proximity is not the priority on SW.

Re: SWA, please consider revising your requirement of wearing face coverings to a recommendation

suesand
Explorer B

So perhaps one should drive instead of putting an entire airplane of passengers at risk.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

As an A-lister, I'm usually in a row by myself first.  when somebody asks is that seat taken, meaning the aisle seat, I say, no, unless you not going to keep your mask on, then it is.  I let them know immediately I'm not the person to sit by and have a comfortable flight if they can't comply. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

In the time it took you to research and write this, you could have driven to your destination.  I'm not dismissing your attempt to enlighten us, but I'm saying unless you have a defined medical condition, is it really that much of an inconvenience to wear the mask to give me and other like me a peace of mind.  I'm glad SWA stood their ground because we in fact can't really be sure for or against how much to a definitive degree mask keep us safe.  It's just a logical understanding that it can add some level of safety even if it is minimal.  Much like others that have been displeased with the mask mandate, switch to another airline who doesn't seem to take your health as their top priority or drive.  Regardless of what you do, please stay safe and healthy.