Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA sucks

Timmperio
Explorer C

Is there anyone else out there that hates this airline as much as I do?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: SWA sucks

franktravel
Aviator B

💛❤️💙!!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If I point you to another thread about software compatibility for phones, will you mark me as the solution?

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/New-Southwest-App-incompatible-with...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear you don't like southwest have you tried calling customer relations or emailing them to discuss your situation? 

If you would like to contact them you can call 855-234-4654 or you can email from the contact us link on the southwest website 

hope you will give southwest another try 

blake 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Timmperio,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience with Southwest Airlines. We'd love to know if there's anything we can do to change the situation. If there's a Customer Service issue, don't hesitate to reach out to us through any of the ways listed here

thomjbrown
Explorer C

Well 35 minutes and STILL on hold !!!! What happened to the old great Southwest?! 
"Welcome to southwest airlines, how can I help you?"
And not to mention spending a  minimum of 2 minutes navigating options to get put on hold. 
But not to fear while on hold you'll hear an insane amount of talks about how great they are and endless ads to boost their revenue. 

And transparancy, give me a break.  They've begun taking all your funds if you miss your flight.  THIEVES!!!!  THEY SAY IT'S IN THE FINE PRINT, WHATEVER . 
THE NEW SOUTHWEST (SINCE THE PURCHASE OF AIRTRAN) SUCKS!!!!

lipps46
Explorer B

Here is a topper

During our Fathers Funeral I had to be on hold 35 minutes because of all their mistakes.

And then got no resolution...

marque2
Explorer C

It is not a fun airline. Worst I have flown and I have flown Spirit as well. They do have one nice thing. If you have to cancel your flight they will allow you a credit to another flight - but the no assigned seats is horrible. The stupid jokes by the attendants - sometimes on the verge of racist are irritating - the A club offers almost nothing to members who have flown 35k plus - not even complimentary same day standby. The movies if available aren't free. So far almost every flight i take is late by an hour and for all that they charge more than a real airline. So why do I fly them - they have the only non stop flights between the cities I currently fly. 1 hour flight trumps 3.5 hours with layover on a better airline.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@marque2 wrote:

It is not a fun airline. Worst I have flown and I have flown Spirit as well. They do have one nice thing. If you have to cancel your flight they will allow you a credit to another flight - but the no assigned seats is horrible. The stupid jokes by the attendants - sometimes on the verge of racist are irritating - the A club offers almost nothing to members who have flown 35k plus - not even complimentary same day standby. The movies if available aren't free. So far almost every flight i take is late by an hour and for all that they charge more than a real airline. So why do I fly them - they have the only non stop flights between the cities I currently fly. 1 hour flight trumps 3.5 hours with layover on a better airline.

Sorry to hear that you are unhapy with Southwest. Since you apparently intend to continue flying the airline, hopefully it will perform more to your expectations in the future than it apparently has in the past.

When you refer to A club, I presume you mean A-list. A-list does give you several perks:

1) Automatic check in for your flight which normrally means a pretty good boarding position - A or low B which normally gives you a pretty good choice of aisle or window seats.

2) Easier accest o TSA security - not as good as TSA Pre, but better than general TSA access

3) You DO get access to same day standby to earlier flights - at no cost.

As far as the entertainment option goes, you do get access to maybe 20 television channels (some cable some broadcast) at no cost. There is a charge for movies, but since your average flight is an hour in length, you'd never get to finish a movie anyway.

lipps46
Explorer B

Here Tim let me repost this here as well before it get deleted because they dont want people to know what really goes on.

Funny you should say this John Re: "Delays". "Cancels" , "no notifications"

I hope unlike us,  you were not in an A group and then rebooked on another flight at the tail end of the C group.

Worse yet, we were canceled on the way to our Fathers unexpected funeral, denied on 2 possible rebookings only to be place on the last flight to our route on standby.

Obviously this did not fly well with us, nor does southwest for that matter, and the gate agent had an attitude.

In tears after the horrible treatment, another passanger at the gate looked at him and very politely told him he was cold and heartless and rude.

I guess that made him think a bit, as at least the flight 11 hours later we were able to book after the just before the B group.. Its only because other passangers saw what happened that a kind elderly man allowed us to sit together,

But wait thats not all.

As you said, we were canceled at 8am this on the day stated for a flight departing at 530pm

Told we had to rebook

Of course I did take it to the FAA this time, contacted Mr Kelly and Mr Van De ...

They did decide to route us through Chicago this time, like it should have been done when we came up...

But wait.. Imagine this

We had A assignments for our flight to leave CVG going to BWI, but our rebook was in the lower C class and seperate.

Our flight from BWI to MDW we were seperated. bad enough this was a trip because of bereavement, now having to sit apart after not sleeping for 2 days because of the 11 hour delay, the frustration of missing family members that could only meet for a short time due to their work...

We evan asked the gate agent to show some sympathy.

yet as your said

They just dont care.

She said the only way to be moved up was to pay another 100 dollars to upgrade to the A class which we already were prior. Big time scam.

We were forced to pay this fee just so we could sit next to each other and try to get some recovery.

I will tell you this. It is very sad and one of the worst days a person can have when losing their parents, but SOUTHWEST AIRLINES TURNED OUR WORST POSSIBLE FAMILY EVENT INTO AN EVEN MORE HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE.

I will tell this story to everyone.

Southwest... I hope in your time of loss you dont run into situations where the people you contract with and should be able to trust, turn away and treat you like dirt. This is how you made us feel.

Dont forget your usual line.. it was weather, or the air traffic controler

Total almost $900 for a flight for 2 from FLL to CVG and bumped and canceled multiple times. Then froced to pay another $100 because of your mistakes..

As a Mason, A Templar, A Nurse, and a member of the ASPCA.. Brother if you are in travel, you have lost your way.

j2e3iy