Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Search for nonstop flights only

Eric1234
Explorer C

I'm looking for  a way to search for ONLY nonstop flights online.  DEN to RSW, DEN to CHS, & DEN to BUF (just to name a few, the list could go on) claim to have nonstop flights (according to the route map) but i can't find them using Southwest.com.   As far as I have found there is no way for me to determine when these nonstop flights are scheduled (are they seasonal, on certain days of the week, both, who knows???) without painstakingly going through the months and days manually searching for that elusive nonstop.  Literally every other airline I know of has a nonstop search function, has anyone found a good way to do this?  Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Search for nonstop flights only

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Eric1234 wrote:

I'm looking for  a way to search for ONLY nonstop flights online.  DEN to RSW, DEN to CHS, & DEN to BUF (just to name a few, the list could go on) claim to have nonstop flights (according to the route map) but i can't find them using Southwest.com.   As far as I have found there is no way for me to determine when these nonstop flights are scheduled (are they seasonal, on certain days of the week, both, who knows???) without painstakingly going through the months and days manually searching for that elusive nonstop.  Literally every other airline I know of has a nonstop search function, has anyone found a good way to do this?  Thanks!

I tried one to test it out - for the DEN-RSW route in particular the route map sure does show a blue line for direct flights when you click on Denver, but I'm not seeing any after drilling down.

When you type in the specific route only the non-stop box won't check, this makes me think that there aren't any.

It is possible for there to be seasonal route, especially to the beach destinations. I'm personally aware of PNS for instance having extra summer service from Chicago. There are none right now, but in the summer there are two direct flights per day.

One other way that I would check this is by using the low-fare calendar - the direct flights will tend to be a little cheaper than connecting flights given identical passengere load - so as an indicator for trips further out in time expect to see lower fares on days there is a direct flight - I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me when I look for DEN-RSW or the reverse.

Anyway - if you are searching in general for these specific routes, maybe it would be faster to call or check with the twitter team. 

My o

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

Just to add to what @DancingDavidE said while some routes are seasonal some are certain days only like Saturday only or Sunday only so I would suggest to look at the low fare calendar and look at each day of a week in case there is a non stop on certain days but not others and check other months as the schedule does change From time to time (sometimes weeks sometimes a month or 2 that they keep the same schedule) 

as a side note if they have a 1 stop no change those usually aren't too painful as long as the stop isn't out of the way and you stay on the plane (unless an aircraft swap happens)

Hope this helps

Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, it would be very handy to be able to search for only non-stop flights or even have a list of the seasonal service start and stop dates. 

It took a little digging, but here's the info you were looking for:

DEN-RSW non-stop is on Saturdays beginning March 9

DEN-CHS non-stop is on Saturdays beginning April 13

DEN-BUF daily non-stop beginning June 9

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I thought of one more angle on this as well - at a smaller airport you can search the airport's directory of service and they may describe their direct options - this probably won't be helpful for DEN though for instance.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Eric1234
Explorer C

Thanks for this!! Can I ask how you found these dates?  Did you just perform a calendar search and look at days that looked differently priced? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@Eric1234, sorry there's no magical formula or method, just some guessing.  If the route map indicates a non-stop, then there is currenty one available for purchase.  To find it, I pick a day and do a one-way flight search.  If there's no non-stop on that day I click the next day (thankfully this doesn't require redoing the whole search) and check there.  I check everyday of the week and then move to the next month if I didn't find a non-stop.  If I do find one I then search everyday of the week to determine the frequency and if it's just a Saturday service, I then go back every Saturday until I determine which Saturday the service starts.  After some practice it doesn't take too long to figure out. 

Hope that helps,

--TheMiddleSeat

scifidan
Explorer C

This site will do it. click list. click your origin city and it will show you all the destinations. "Nontstop" is shown next to available destinations 

https://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap_dyn.html

NONSTOP1
Explorer C

This is inaccurate...

The list suggests that you can fly non stop to and from for example Tampa and Detroit...BUT YOU CAN'T!

NOT TRUE!  Shame on Southwest!

NONSTOP1
Explorer C

NAME ME ONE NON STOP FLIGHT between these two cities...