Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Seating

Jsmick
Explorer C

A competitor has introduced no seating in middle seats, a great way to keep close to required distancing. What is your policy?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seating

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest has open seating, sit anywhere you want so no need to block out seats. With only a few passengers on most flights, spreading out is not hard to do. 

--TheMiddleSeat

davedurfee
Explorer B

Why can't Southwest answer a simple question?  If the plane is sold out or almost full, will Southwest truly expect people who don't know one another to sit side by side???  It's one thing to say, gosh folks, just spread out.  But I have a flight on Memorial Day.  I'm expecting that there will be passengers for every seat that Southwest has available.  

So... in order to maximize revenue, WILL SOUTHWEST IGNORE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND REQUIRE PASSENGERS TO SIT BESIDE PASSENGERS THAT THEY DON'T KNOW???

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@davedurfee  No need for the double post. I replied to your question here: https://community.southwest.com/t5/Travel-Policies/Social-distance-seating-How-many-passengers-per-r...

--TheMiddleSeat

Matt4202
Adventurer A

It’s extremely unlikely that flights on or around Memorial Day will even be over 50% capacity.

Now a month later at the end of June it’d be more likely to be over 50% and fuller as many routes have been whittled down to 1-2 flights a day compared to 10 previously.

You can always message SW on Facebook or Twitter and ask how many seats are available on a given flight and they’ll tell you. I asked and they said 66 seats were available on one flights and 123 on another.