Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Serious phone problems

Haprst
Explorer C

I phoned in a selected the option for an automatic callback. After the expected wait of 18 minutes, the SW system called me back and said to enter "1" when I was on the phone. So I entered "1". It repeated the message and again asked me to enter "1". So I did. And the third time. And the fouth time. And then it said that the number I had entered was invalid and hung up on me.

So I called back and this time waited 21 minutes for a human to answer. After I explained what I wanted, he said he would do that and also would provide me with a direct number for customer servive. And then he immediately disconnected me. He never called back.

Summary: I've spent about 50 minutes total on the phone, and (a) I have no idea whether or not he did what I wanted, and (b) I don't have the direct number for customer service.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Serious phone problems

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Haprst

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would recommends that you contact SWA in Dallas, TX and tell them about your bad experience. First, try the number at (214) 792-4000. If there is no answer or ever they can't answer to your calls or hung-up on you.

Then write formal letter with statement of your bad experience to: Gary C. Kelly at: Southwest Airlines Co. 2702 Love Field Drive. Dallas, Texas 75235.

Hopefully this would help you.

bec102896
Aviator A

@Haprst

Sorry for the difficulties your having tonight getting help by phone. If your calling about a past travel experience you would want to reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654. 

Hope your able to get through without any further issues!

Blake

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi. 

Having that happen is pretty frustrating. You might want to try contacting the airline via twitter.

Click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page. When that page comes up, look at the top left of the page for twitter contact info.,

Don't put confiential info in your first send, Wait til you get a DM before you do that.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Hi there.  I understand how frustrating that is!  

I have found that sometimes cell phone settings don't play well with automated phone systems, especially if you are using wifi calling for "VoLTE" or Voice Over LTE that some carriers offer.

I am not saying that there is no problem with the phone system; it just might be worth giving it a shot with another phone.  

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

I have found that sometimes cell phone settings don't play well with automated phone systems, especially if you are using wifi calling for "VoLTE" or Voice Over LTE that some carriers offer.

I am not saying that there is no problem with the phone system; it just might be worth giving it a shot with another phone.  

Good luck!

Land lines, too.

Just yesterday I used a land line to call a company. Got the standard "hit 1 for english." I did, and the recording repeated. Hit 1 a second time, and the same thing happened. Hit 1 a third time, and the system disconnected me.

Called back with the same phone, and the situation repeated.

Called back from a different phone, and hitting 1 worked.

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@elijahbrantley wrote:

Good luck!

Land lines, too.

Just yesterday I used a land line to call a company. Got the standard "hit 1 for english." I did, and the recording repeated. Hit 1 a second time, and the same thing happened. Hit 1 a third time, and the system disconnected me.

Called back with the same phone, and the situation repeated.

Called back from a different phone, and hitting 1 worked.

Thats why I like the systems that say "press or say 1 for English" (or other option)  noting more annoying than repeating an action to get no where