Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Should Southwest alter their mask policy?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I totally understand that kids under a certain age and their refusal and lack of understanding that they need to wear a mask.  But I just wanted to share with you, ANOTHER, (there are hundreds) instance of a child who died within hours of contracting the COVID.  WHY, would you remotely put your/any child at risk for your comfort of flying?  As a parent, I'd rather be totally frustrated with constant crying and rebellion from my child than to not hear them at all.  When will people realize, yes, children seem to be less of the population who become ill from COVID, but there are still those from infants to 17 that have contracted COVID and died.  

https://www.koat.com/article/9-year-old-boy-dies-hours-after-becoming-sick-with-covid-19/35387718

Re: Should Southwest alter their mask policy?

reneepasley
Explorer B

I actually have been working in the public since July.  I have also worked at a college for over eighteen years and as a public school teacher for ten years. I've had Covid ( a week of fatigue) and I've had my first shot. Thank goodness my grand children have not had to do remote learning. Some people just love to sit at their computer all day.. play video games and live their lives online. Most healthy children need the socialization that school offers (and they need exercise) If you are a teacher, you must understand that there are many learning styles and remote learning is not working for a majority of the students. If you are an adult that is holding back these children, you are selfish. In my 50 working years, there were always those fragile people that go home from work (or school)  if they get a little sniffle. I think the teachers that are too afraid to do their job need "in person", need to find new jobs. 

Should Southwest alter their mask policy?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@reneepasley  Yes, I understand learning styles very well.  In fact, I teach a section on it in my college skills course.  

Learning styles refer to a range of competing and contested theories that aim to account for differences in individuals' learning. Many theories share the proposition that humans can be classified according to their 'style' of learning, but differ in how the proposed styles should be defined, categorized and assessed.