Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Son has covid cant travel

Rachbarnes75
Explorer C

My son was supposed to travel on the 23rd was just diagnosed with covid... we canceled and it gave him toll sep 2022. Problem is he is due to ship out to the army on jan 12 will not be able to use it.   Is it possible to get a refund.  He will be gone for close to 2 years

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Son has covid cant travel

dfwskier
Aviator A

Normally refunds aren't possible on non refundable tickets when the passenger cancels the ticket.

You could always contact customer relations and plead your case.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You won't get a refund on a non-refundable ticket, but if the travel fund(s) you have expire on September 7, 2022 then you do have one option, but need to act before December 15.  Southwest is offering the ability to convert travel funds to rapid rewards points which do not expire and can be used to buy flights for other people, but the travel funds must have an expiration date of Sept 7, 2022 to qualify for this conversion.  To check, log into the Rapid Rewards account of the person who has the travel fund, go to My Account and at the top of the screen you should see "NEW: Convert qualified travel funds to points through December 15, 2020"  Click "View Travel Funds" and you will see your funds and if they have the conversion available next to the fund it will say "Convert for xxx points".

--TheMiddleSeat

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Good Luck to your Son in Army Basic Training.

He is ONE of the less than ONE Percent of our Country

who chooses to STEP-UP.

I know you are very proud.

I am a Sailor

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

I am sure Southwest will work with you.

Southwest Airlines is very Military Friendly.

Request to speak to a Supervisor.

I am a Sailor