Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Airlines Lost Item Report Number 1589806

conniedraper
Explorer C

I lost my ipad on flight 1969 from Buffalo to Baltimore on Sept 6, 2019. I pinged my device it is in Scottsboro Alabama. Has this anything to do with Southwest airlines??? I filled out lost item report and have not heard anything in quite a while.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Airlines Lost Item Report Number 1589806

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I hate to share this with you, but it sounds like your iPad may be at Scottsboro’s Unclaimed Baggage Center. The UBC is an independently-owned business where you can buy items that people have lost on planes or out of bags that the airline has lost. Items make it to the UBC when the airlines are unable to match them back to a customer.

If that is the case, the iPad is no longer in possession of the airline. From UBC’s FAQ page:

“CAN YOU FIND MY LOST SUITCASE (GLASSES / LAPTOP / JEWELRY / FAVORITE SWEATER?) Regrettably, “No.” By the time Unclaimed Baggage has purchased the luggage, every effort has been made by the airlines over a three to four month period to return it to its owner. After this point, claims have been paid out and the items are sent with no identifying information to Unclaimed Baggage to be repurposed or sold.“

You can find out more about the UBC here: https://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/about/faq/

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SWDigits
Aviator A

Double checking, did you add the serial number to your online lost report?  Definitely add it if you haven't already done so.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

@conniedraper wrote:

I lost my ipad on flight 1969 from Buffalo to Baltimore on Sept 6, 2019. I pinged my device it is in Scottsboro Alabama. Has this anything to do with Southwest airlines??? I filled out lost item report and have not heard anything in quite a while.

Well, if your ipad was lost 13 days ago, it is unlikely to be in the unclaimed baggage center.

Did you incude the serial number with your lost itme report? That is the single most effective way of getting stuff back.

Remember the process takes up to 30 days.

Oconnell620
Explorer B

Did you ever get your iPad back?