Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest App Won’t Open Correctly

cindysuew
Explorer C

My iPad did an update on the SWA app and now it won’t open correctly.  I’ve uninstalled it and reinstalled and it still isn’t working correctly.  I can see my profile but if I try to book a flight, the screen is half gone.   Any idea what I should try next??

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Southwest App Won’t Open Correctly

bec102896
Aviator A

@cindysuew

I am having the same issue on my iPad. For now I just use my android phone which works fine. 

I have reported it to the technology team so they can look in to it.

Hope they fix it soon!

Blake 

cindysuew
Explorer C

Thanks @bec102896!  That’s what I’m doing too as it’s fine on my phone.  I can open their website on my iPad and log in and look up info. that way.....but I really loved the ease of the app.  

It it worked fine until the last update.  

cindysuew
Explorer C

And thank you for reporting it to the correct folks that can work on it.

thanks again @bec102896

bec102896
Aviator A

@cindysuew 

I assume it's doing something like this for you correct? If your having a different issue let me know. 

Feel free to also take a screen screen shot and send it to Southwest on twitter or Facebook as well as the more reports the better and for them it's best to see what it's doing they may also ask you for IOS version and iPad version (mini 2 iPad Air as an example) so you may want to include that in the message as well 

Blake 

IMG_6225.PNG

cindysuew
Explorer C

@bec102896 

That’s exactly What it looks like!    So maddening.

I’ll reinstall the app,, take a screenshot and send it to them on Facebook.  

My Ipad is an Air2 with IOS 11.4.1 and it’s a little over a year old.

Thanks again.

Cindy

cindysuew
Explorer C

@bec102896

I had a reply very quickly on Messenger after I sent them a message and a picture.  Thank goodness they’re working on it.

Hi there, Cindy! I'm sorry to see that you're running into some issues with our app on your iPad. It appears that there's a known issue following our latest update that was released late last night, and your patience is much appreciated. We will have this resolved as soon as possible, and ask that you use http://Southwest.com or call us at 800-435-9792 if you're in need of immediate booking assistance! -Austin

bec102896
Aviator A

@cindysuew

Glad they responded to you quickly and great to know it is a known issue and that they are working on it.

I'll keep a watch out for a new update and let you know when I see it's fixed. 

Blake 

bec102896
Aviator A

@cindysuew

Good news a new update has just been released for the Southwest app for iPad and it looks like it fixed the issue. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

cindysuew
Explorer C

Blake

thank you so much for letting me know!  Just downloaded the app again and it’s working perfectly.

Thanks again

Cindy