Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest App doesn't show up on my FIRE Android tablet

chazant
Explorer C

For some reason I can not find access for loading the SOUTHWEST app to my FIRE  tablet.  The tablet is a latest version using the Android system.  it's running Fire OS 5.6.4.0 (11/18). I already have the SOUTHWEST app installed in my Android phone.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest App doesn't show up on my FIRE Android tablet

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Becase you're running Android on a Fire, the Southwest app may not appear due to size limitations, or if the developer team has turned down support for such a device/size.

Hope this helps!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The Southwest app is available for iOS and Android, but is not available for Fire OS. There are ways to "sideload" the app onto your Fire device, but they're not supported by Southwest, so you'd need to research that yourself. Your best bet would be to access the mobile version of southwest.com.

rcholden63
Explorer C

I have the new 10" Fire HD, which with a quick search of the internet enabled me to download a few files and now I have Google in my Fire. Have Google maps, Gmail and Google Play Store. Quick download of the SWA app from Play Store and I'm ready to go. Read carefully the instructions for getting Google in your Fire, but this is my 4th Fire tablet in our family and all have Google without any problems. Yes, the early Fire versions, even with Google Play Store would not support the SWA app, but this latest Fire generation does. Good luck!