Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels Customer Service and We Price Match Policy are Useless

ordoinc
Explorer B

The Southwest Hotels and its partners at Booking.com are fully useless when it comes to customer service.  I've never experienced such incompetent customer service in my life.  There is a "We Price Match" offer posted directly on southwesthotels.com but they insist they don't price match when you try to utilize that offer.

I don't know what changed with them as I was able to utilize that offer earlier this year without issue, but now they refuse to even acknowlege that their website continues to assure buyers that the price match policy applies.  I can't seem to get anywhere with their customer service, and they won't even connect me with a manager to remedy this.

To be clear, this isn't about not meeting the terms of the We Price Match policy.  They simply refuse to even acknowlege that the policy is a thing.  They blame it on Booking.com and say that it only applies to Booking.com.  Well, if it only applied to Booking.com, they wouldn't post it on the Southwest Hotels reservation page, and it wouldn't be posted on Southwest Airlines' website at https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/hotel_best_rate_guarantee_program_faq.html.

Unfortunately, Southwest Airlines customer service has been pretty powerless and useless over this as well.  Southwest Airlines, this reflects very poorly on you as a business.  If I were you, I would end all business relationships with Booking.com and find a new partner to handle the hotels.

image.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Hotels Customer Service and We Price Match Policy are Useless

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you try reaching out to booking.com's customer support? If not I would call them. 

Keep in mind with all price match guarantees the lower price you find must be a public rate and for the same room type you book. 

-Blake

mmmmyyummyy
Explorer C

Booking.com - DOESNT TAKE PHONE CALLS - ALSO DOESNT AWKNOLEDGE HAVING ANY PARTNERSHIP WITH SOUTHWEST HOTELS.

ordoinc
Explorer B

Blake, I think the answer to your question is in the original post.

mmmmyyummyy
Explorer C

Agree! I have had a err I left experience! I truly wish I saw these posts prior to booking through southwesthotels.com. They lost a loyal customer because I am going to Delta moving forward. Terrible service.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I will admit, I've never tried or used the price match.  With that said, your picture looks just like the page when I go directly to Booking.com and not through SWA.  So it is Booking..com.  And just like those that have issues with the Southwest vacation packages on here, it's that company, not SWA.  So SWA hasn't given you any misinformation, however, maybe should consider another 3rd party for booking hotels.  The only difference when I go through SWA to book is you get confirmed you will get SWA points.