Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels

kcrysler1
Explorer C

DO NOT BOOK A HOTEL ON SOUTHWEST AIRLINES WEBSITE. Your reservation is sent to RocketMiles who then sends it to HotelsPro. You will never be able to talk to anyone at HotelsPro. They will take your money and not give you any service. It's not worth a few Rapid Rewards miles. It cost me $313.58 to learn this lesson. Hey Southwest! How about a little customer service. Been flying with you since you were a local carrier in Dallas, and now I'm being screwed by your "partner". Step up and take some responsibility!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Southwest Hotels

bec102896
Aviator A

@kcrysler1

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience using southwest hotels I would recommend you reach out to customer relations on twitter or by phone that way they can document your complaint and look in to the matter further. 

Hope this helps 

Blake

ordoinc
Explorer B

Southwest must have changed their hotels arrangement recently, as they now use Booking.com, and my experience is not any better than yours.  They list a "We Price Match" guarantee on the Southwest Hotels website, but refuse to even acknowlege it exists, claiming that only Booking.com matches prices.  I can't even get connected to a manager or someone there who matters to tell them how absurd this is.  Unfortunately, nobody at Southwest Airlines or Southwest Rapid Rewards has been able to reach out to Booking.com to try to settle this on my behalf.  It's a very bad look for Southwest Airlines to be in a business relationship with such an incompetent business.

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

I've been booking hotels through Southwest for many years and have never had an issue. Regarding the "Price Match", are you saying @ordoinc that you booked a hotel through Southwest and then found a cheaper rate somewhere else? Not to be skeptical ... but I doubt it. In my experience it's incredibly difficult to actually find lower rates on other web sites that match *exactly the offer you booked*. 

But, assuming you did find a cheaper rate, Southwest should honor it if you contact them. Here are all the details you need to follow directly from Southwest.com:

https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/hotel_best_rate_guarantee_program_faq.html

What is the Hotel Best Rate Guarantee program?

Best Price Guaranteed

We’ve partnered with Booking.com in order to offer Customers the convenience of shopping for all of their travel needs in one place, as well as the opportunity to earn Rapid Rewards Points for qualifying stays.

When you book a hotel via SouthwestHotels.com, we want to ensure you’re receiving the best rate possible. If you find a lower rate for your reservation, you can contact the customer care team right away.

They may be able to match the price of the other deal if:

1. You contact Booking.com immediately after booking (it must be at least 24 hours before your check-in date) with all the details of the other deal, including a link to the offer on the website and the exact price being quoted.
  2. The other deal must be bookable online and still available when the customer care team checks.
  3. The other deal is subject to the same booking conditions and must be identical to the reservation you made on SouthwestHotels.com. This includes:
    • Same property and accommodation type.
    • Identical check-in and check-out dates, room type and property.
    • Cancellation policy and booking conditions (including the cancellation policy, meal plan, package offer, etc.) must be the same.
  4. The conditions of your booking with SouthwestHotels.com still allow penalty-free cancellations and modifications.

Additionally, it is important to note that the Best Price Guarantee offer does not apply if:

1. You booked a “Points Plus Property” on SouthwestHotels.com.
  2. The other deal is offered through a website that does not reveal which property or accommodation type you’ll be staying at until after you’ve booked.
  3. You book using special membership rates, frequent stayer rates, loyalty points, any rewards programs or special promotions made available by the accommodation provider.

To report a lower rate, look for the “Found this room cheaper somewhere else?” link on your confirmation page or in “View all bookings” on SouthwestHotels.com. If you have any additional questions, please call 1-888-850-3958. You will need to provide your hotel booking confirmation number and PIN when you call.

--Jessica

ordoinc
Explorer B

Yes, the very first time I booked through Southwest Hotels I found a lower price elsewhere for the same room and they honored the price no problem.  Fast forward several months later and found the same room for a lower price elsewhere again and they refuse to even acknowledge that they price match.  They tried telling me only Booking.com price matches despite me sending them screenshots of their own Southwest Hotels website showing that it is indeed Southwest Hotels that is supposed to price match.  Ridiculous.

mmmmyyummyy
Explorer C

Oh my gosh it is terrible! If you call booking.com well first you cant get someone to talk to in person its email only. However, when you email they state that the reservation is directly through southwest. When I explain that booking.com is partnered with southwest. They state that they are not. It is horrifying. Truthfully - I am so disappointment in my recent experience I will be using Delta going forward. It so sad that southwesthotels.com is giving the entire company such a bad name! 

I had employees at southwesthotels.com LIE TO ME. Oh! And managers don't work on th weekends. How convenient! 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're sincerely sorry for letting you down, @mmmmyyummyy. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to reach out via the options in the link below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

mschafer1465
Explorer C

Who at Southwest made the decision to partner with Booking.com.  They are the worst. I got simple website error saying that my account can no longer be accessed online. Their excuse was that I had a previous dispute with my bank. Which doesn't make any sense because I use my corporate credit card to pay for my hotel stays and that I should go someplace else. 

I can't believe that Southwest is treating its customers like this. I use Business Select when I travel and I didn't expect to be treated like this.  Southwest needs to get a better reservation service or get the hell out of the hospitality business.

kale14
Explorer C

As a loyal SW RR and Visa member, I am in disbelief with the terrible partnership with booking.com. To the point I joined this community to try and find any solution.

Made a reservation via SW hotels to earn 10k points, was never sent a confirmation email with my number and PIN so can't get ahold of anyone at Booking.com/888-850-3958 (remember that number how many times I've tried it) to help me yet I have a pending charge on my SW Visa for $692. Hotel does have a reservation under my name and date but it wasn't even made from Booking.com.

What ever ended up happening to you? Did you get your reward points?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kale14 wrote:

As a loyal SW RR and Visa member, I am in disbelief with the terrible partnership with booking.com. To the point I joined this community to try and find any solution.

Made a reservation via SW hotels to earn 10k points, was never sent a confirmation email with my number and PIN so can't get ahold of anyone at Booking.com/888-850-3958 (remember that number how many times I've tried it) to help me yet I have a pending charge on my SW Visa for $692. Hotel does have a reservation under my name and date but it wasn't even made from Booking.com.

What ever ended up happening to you? Did you get your reward points?

If your credit card is showing the charge is "pending" and has been that way for a while, 

then you really do not yet have a real reservation. Merchants send "pending" charges to be sure that the payment method will really work. "Pending" charges only become "real" charges

once a reservation is consummated.

If the charge still shows up as "pending," it will simply disappear from your account in less than a week.