Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Is The BEST!!

xpinkerin
Explorer C

Dear SWA,

I Just traveled round trip from Oakland, CA to Las Vegas, NV.  I have an odd neuromuscular disease, so never know how good or bad a day will be, but have never needed assistance when traveling... before this this trip.

Having one of my worst days, and a terrible drive to the airport, I arrived at OAK dizzy and barely being able to walk.  I hadn't checked in and had no boarding pass because I forgot to bring my confirmation number.  A Southwest employee almost immediately came over to me and took me to her station to check in and checked my bag, which I had planned on carrying on.  It would have been a big mistake for me to try to carry on, so I thank her for that!  She also called for a wheelchair, which would not even have occured to me to do.

Needless to say, had it not been for that wheelchair, I couldn't have made it to the gate for my flight.  I will be eternally gratefull for that assistance!  The folks taking care of those needing assistance were WONDERFUL... friendly and helpful every step of the way.  And they drive a mean wheelchair! lol

On my return (still not doing well), when I arrived at the Las Vegas airport, I was barely in the door when I was grabbed up by a SWA employee and again ushered through the check-in process and taken to my gate.

I would never have thought of asking for assistance, so the amazing consideration of the employees of SWA actually allowed me to take this trip... where I met up with 25 friends from all over the country and had a GREAT time!

Southwest has EVERYTHING down to a science.  I have always flown SWA, unless forced to do otherwise (flew American once... long story, and not a good one), and will continue to do so as long as I'm breathing.  I also tell everyone I know that you are the best!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin