Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest, Please consider extending time to use credit for Covid-19 cancellations.

TexasRRP
Explorer C

I know that regular flyers are your bread & butter revenue, and your cancellation policy works well for them. But there are are a lot of occasional flyers (my last flight was in 2016) that are loyal to your company.  Rarely, I expect, do occasional flyers cancel their reservations and often they make there reservations well in advance. 

My event was canceled due to Covid-19 and I likely will not need to fly until this time next year for the same annual event. I likely will not have the need to fly within one year of the date I purchased my ticket which was in December.  It would seem reasonable to me to at least extend the time to use the credit for a year from the scheduled flight date or, better, until the end of 2021 (as most cruise lines have done).  Please consider extending the time to use cancellations during this Covid-19 hysteria.

-Thanks

-RRP

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest, Please consider extending time to use credit for Covid-19 cancellations.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

Most of us here in the forums are customers like us.  I would do two things:

1. Write Southwest a letter and send it in the mail explaining your request for a full refund.  The mailing address is listed in the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of all forum pages.
  2. You're not alone, take a look at this thread for additional thoughts that are more eloquent than I could put it: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/South-West-Customer-Service-is-a-Joke/m-p/1...

Customer | Home airport DCA