Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Points- Help!

eraerosebro
Explorer C

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are looking to use our Southwest points to fly to Hawaii. Unfortunately, the vacation packages with hotel and flights do not apply and you cannot use points towards these packages. I was wondering if there is a way to use our points towards our stay in Hawaii? A customer service agent told me the best way is to use your points to buy a gift card for that hotel and use that- however, I cannot figure out how to do this. Anyone have any tips?

Thank you!!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest Points- Help!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@eraerosebro wrote:

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are looking to use our Southwest points to fly to Hawaii. Unfortunately, the vacation packages with hotel and flights do not apply and you cannot use points towards these packages. I was wondering if there is a way to use our points towards our stay in Hawaii? A customer service agent told me the best way is to use your points to buy a gift card for that hotel and use that- however, I cannot figure out how to do this. Anyone have any tips?

Thank you!!!

Southwest Vacations, the travel agent that offers the vacation packages for Southwest Airlines, unfortunately does not accept Rapid Rewards points. Your best bet is to use your points for the airfare portion only by booking your flights directly with Southwest Airlines.

You can use your Rapid Rewards points for things like hotels and rental cars through More Rewards, but the conversion rate is very poor -- meaning it's not a great use since the points cost will be very high. (In general, WGA flights on Southwest are the best value use of your RR points.)

To check out More Rewards:

• Uncer Rapid Rewards, choose Redeem for More Rewards.
  • Double check to make sure that you are logged in to More Rewards. If not, do so.
  • Under Travel choose Hotel Stay, Resorts, Rental Car, etc.

Hope this helps!