Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest, What happened to my children's e-scooters?

aogunbameru
Explorer C

I flew with my family from BWI to Midway Chicago on August 28th 6.40 am flight. The man who checked us in said we couldn't check my children's e-scooters in because of the lithium batteries and said he would keep them till my brother came to pick them up on my behalf. When my brother got there to pick them up last Friday, they were missing. Staff claimed they saw it a few days ago but couldn't find it anywhere. This is very a disappointing experience as we are flying Southwest as a family for the first time. I visited the Southwest Baggage claim office at Midway and they couldn't help either. All I need is for the two e-scooters so my kids can ride again. Their helmets and skin protectors are also in the unchecked luggage

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest, What happened to my children's e-scooters?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Uhhh, you just left your scooters at the airport and expected to pick them up days later???  First, I'm not sure I believe any employee would actually agree to this.  Second, I can't believe you thought this would be ok.  Good luck finding them.

--TheMiddleSeat

aogunbameru
Explorer C

Hi, If you read my messages, you'd probably figure that the Southwest staff asked that I leave the two e-scooters with him. He took it into an enclosed area and collected my brother's name and phone number from me. The Southwest staff and I agreed that my brother can come pick them up before we I left the counter. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sure, perhaps if they were going to be picked up later that day.  You left them for how long?

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

That’s got to be a tough one, they can’t have items sitting around the airport. This might have worked if the brother came and got them that same day when the same staff people were there. 

You mentioned messages - we are fellow passengers, if you have any emails or social media interaction with Southwest we don’t see those.

I’d recommend to check the lost and found and the baggage office. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.