Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest does not require attendants to have Covid-10 vaccinations

HiDawn
Adventurer C

You should know,  Southwest does NOT require airplane attendants to be vaccinated! I have been a customer AND a current stock holder. I feel that this policy is extremely unsafe for both employees and passengers. As more people become aware of this, I believe they will lose passengers and goodwill.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Southwest does not require attendants to have Covid-10 vaccinations

dfwskier
Aviator A

Any particular reason you posted essentially the same stuff three times?

That is called spamming.

HiDawn
Adventurer C

Sorry if I posted more than once ... the first post didn't seem to "post". Vaccines should be a requirement - even those who have had the coronavirus. I hope Southwest will change their policy and help stamp out this dreadful disease. Over 620,000 DEAD in just the United States.

• Experts say a person who’s had COVID-19 still needs to get vaccinated against the disease.
  • They note that the immune response after having the disease isn’t as strong as the defensive response that occurs after vaccination.
  • They also note that people who’ve had COVID-19 can still contract and transmit the coronavirus more easily if they haven’t been vaccinated.

Attysd
Explorer C

HI Dawn,

Thank you Southwest for respecting people's medical choices.    First, I am not an anti-vaxxer because I have all my vaccine shots updated (Mumps, measles, polio, etc.).   Which experts are you referring to?    Because I can easily cite experts who say the opposite of what you are saying.    Why does Israel with the highest vaccination rates have one of the highest Covid resurgents?  Maybe its the vaccinated, not the unvaccinated that are spreading the "variants" because they also make the vaccinated wear masks.      Why is it in Nicaragua, where there has been no mask or vaccines mandates, did they have the lowest Covid deaths?   Why does the media only focus on social distancing, vaccines and masks, and not a word about eating healthy, sleeping well, exercising, vitamins to keep our immune systems strong?    If you want the vaccines, get it. You are now protected.  If the vaccinated can still get it, that means the vaccines isn't effective.    When they get this vaccine right, then let's talk about mandating this vaccine.    

dm354t
Explorer C

If the vaccinated can still get it, that means the vaccines isn't effective. « 

Please, NO! These vaccines and boosters are protective (effective) because they lessen the severity of illness should one be infected by COVID.
Many who are vaccinated and COVID positive report milder, non-life threatening symptoms. As well, the vaccinated are less likely to be hospitalized.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Not sure why it matters. Vaccines should not be a requirement for employees to work - especially those who have already had COVID anyway. My place of employment doesn't require them, either. 

--Jessica

PJGSWA1969
Explorer C

All the more reason to patronize SWA!! 

jmfmAus
Explorer C

I think it's a bit sad.  We live overseas at the moment and traditionally fly in two of three times a year.  Normally we would be using Southwest for a lot of our internal flights - they're convenient, direct and usually reasonably competitive.  Since all of the airlines who are flying from my present home to the US require vaccination for not only staff, but also for passengers, we're feeling pretty good about the long haul legs.  We won't be flying SWA this year since sadly they've decided to risk the health of both their staff and customers by not requiring a simple vaccination.  We'll be seeing more of ORD, DEN and IAH this summer and hoping that rational thought eventually prevails and Southwest goes back to doing the right thing and mandating the vaccine for their front line employees.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jmfmAus No need for the duplicate post, but since you did you can have my duplicate response:

lol, you're flying to the US and solely worried about the airline crew not being vaccinated? Since you mentioned IAH, what are your thoughts about the 44% of the Houston area population that are not vaccinated? If the vaccination status of 4 flight attendants onboard a plane amongst 100+ people of unknown status while flying to cities with many thousands of unvaccinated people is that much of a concern for you perhaps you should just stay home?

--TheMiddleSeat