Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest getting greedy

balexswa
Explorer C

Not good for SWA to maintain profits on the backs of flyers. Our flight was changed by SWA  by 6 hrs and SWA never gave us any compensation. Excuse was the MAX planes, not like SWA didn't know when we booked. They could have given us free early bird but no, they need that all mighty dollar ! Like the article in flightaware says "Strong travel demand and rising ticket prices are helping Southwest offset its Boeing issues." Not good SWA, going to start looking at other airlines which is sad since we've been loyal customers since mid 90's. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest getting greedy

dfwskier
Aviator A

When Southwest changed your flight, Southwest contacted you to let you know of the change. It also let you know that you could change to a different flight of your choosing between the same two cities.

Why didn't you simply do that?

puckstopper55
Explorer B

This has happened to me quite a few time too, and each time I received an email. With that said, i can easily see it going to someones junk folder and being missed. As a frequent traveler, I always check my itinary on the app a few days before a trip and mentally go over it. If something looks wrong I call SWA right away. I am sure they could have seen if this was a "re-booked" flight and swapped it for you. However, I dont think this is happening much anymore, if at all,  because they have not counted on having any MAX aircraft in their schedule. 

balexswa
Explorer C

Only one direct flight! Where there us to be at least two.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, @balexswa. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I strongly encourage you to reach out via the options in the steps below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager