Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest had stranded passengers forcefully removed from terminal

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Southwest had stranded passengers forcefully removed from terminal

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Airlines don't control the airports and who is allowed in them. Be mad at the airport for forcing people to leave if that's really what happened (hard to tell since story is behind a pay wall).

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Regardless of who removed them, Southwest is to blame.  I suspect that their stock price will be in the dumper for years as they unravel the legal issues that will mount from this recent DISASTER.

Shameful.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Airlines cancel flights all of the time, airports should respond appropriately. Sounds like (based solely on the headline) this airport did not respond appropriately. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I understand that BNA has apologized for the actions of it's police officer.

If not at fault, why would it do that?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I understand that BNA has apologized for the actions of it's police officer.

If not at fault, why would it do that?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/nashville-airport-apologizes-unfortunate-incident-with-police-th...

--TheMiddleSeat

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

Southwest Airlines told Fox Business that its employees sometimes "call on law enforcement officers to assist with crowd control efforts during irregular operations such as this week’s operational challenges."

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@LawsuitforSW wrote:

Southwest Airlines told Fox Business that its employees sometimes "call on law enforcement officers to assist with crowd control efforts during irregular operations such as this week’s operational challenges."

That does not say they asked the passengers to be removed. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@LawsuitforSW wrote:

That does not say they asked the passengers to be removed. 

--TheMiddleSeat

I don't think we know exactly what Southwest requested. There was some effort to get people to come to the landside counters to get rebooked because the airside counters were overwhelmed. 

All I know for sure if what I saw in the video which surely wasn't the approach that should be used, whatever was asked of them.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.