Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest iOS App / Digital SWA Frequent Flyer Card

sschnoor
Explorer C

(1) I'm running the 5.5.1 iOS version of the Southwest app.  I could have sworn it used to work with FaceID, but doesn't seem to now.  I know there was an update, was it removed?

(2) Does SWA offer a digital version of their Frequent Flyer Card for Apple Wallet?  Would come in handy now that we need our SWA FF number to log in.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Southwest iOS App / Digital SWA Frequent Flyer Card

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

If you mean the Rapid Rewards number, it's on every SWA boarding pass in apple wallet. Simply click the i button on the lower right hand corner of the pass, and you can see confirmation number, rapid rewards number, drink coupon, etc

sschnoor
Explorer C

Thank you.  I am aware of that, but doesn’t help for what I’m looking for.   I was looking for a digital version of the rapid rewards card. , like other airlines.  Comes in handy when the iOS app updates, wipes your login/Face ID settings, and then you have to find the rapid rewards number to log in.  

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

You don’t need your number to login you just need your username 

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Even if you didn’t know the username and we’re looking for the number  I was saying you could use the fact that the number is on all your boarding passes in your Apple wallet and just copy/paste into the app to login 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sschnoor wrote:

Thank you.  I am aware of that, but doesn’t help for what I’m looking for.   I was looking for a digital version of the rapid rewards card. , like other airlines.  Comes in handy when the iOS app updates, wipes your login/Face ID settings, and then you have to find the rapid rewards number to log in.  

They didn't do this that I know of, but I think you can enter it to your contacts as an extra field or in the details, or take a photo in Evernote or OneNote if you use those (and then the text would be searchable in the graphics).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I don’t have FaceID, but the latest version still works with your fingerprint. The short answer to the digital card is no; there isn’t one. 

Also, you can use your browser to save your login info (user name OR RR# and PW) so that you don’t have to type it in the app when you get logged out. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder