Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest will not honour my LUV Voucher

debsss87
Explorer C

On my return flight from FLL to BUF, when my luggage arrived on the belt, the wheel was ripped right off.  I was granted a LUV Voucher worth 250.00 to settle this issue.  Unfortunately, this happened on Jan 18, 2020 and the voucher I was granted was for one year from Jan 18, 2020 to Jan 17, 2021.   In two months time from when it was issued, the entire world for travel was closed down.  As a Canadian, the US  border did not open for travel until mid Nov 2021 (well after the voucher expired).    This was totally pandemic related as we could not use this voucher during the valid time frame because of the pandemic travel restrictions.   

I did call in to Southwest in January 2021 and was advised by the rep I spoke to that there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding the vouchers at that time but rest assured, it would be honoured when travel resumed.  

Like I said, I appreciate the fact that there are rules and under normal circumstances I would have used that voucher well within the years time frame as we flew Southwest multiple times during the year.  However, due to the pandemic, we were unable to travel due to no fault of our own and it is not fair that we should lose this when it was completely out of our control.  We were in the height of a global pandemic!!!!  

I would ask you to please reconsider this position and honour my voucher as I am an honest traveller who has been loyal to Southwest and this is not something I could control. 

This is totally unfair!!!!!!   

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest will not honour my LUV Voucher

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your voucher expired almost 2 years ago and you're just now asking to use it after being told there's uncertainty. That's the cue to inquire again, perhaps after a month, not 2 years. You're welcome to write Southwest and ask for some compensation, but it seems rather unlikely to me.

Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Your voucher expired almost 2 years ago and you're just now asking to use it after being told there's uncertainty. That's the cue to inquire again, perhaps after a month, not 2 years. You're welcome to write Southwest and ask for some compensation, but it seems rather unlikely to me.

Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

I'm really just amazed that people wait so long to complain. Similar to the other post - you should have booked a flight with your voucher any time from March - September 2020 - doesn't matter where - and cancelled it within that window, to extend your resulting travel credit to September 2022. 

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your disappointed your best option would be to send an email though the contact us link at the bottom of this page or write the old fashion snail mail and maybe someone else reviewing your case would be able to assist.