Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest would not refund my tickets

toni_hakim
Explorer C

I purchased 2 tickets from SWA and at the last minute I had an emergency that I could not fly, so I called the reservation desk and cancelled my trip, unbeknown to me the customer service representative failed to cancel my tickets, when I called back to book my flight I was told thst the funds were applied to my unused tickets and therefore they will not refund my money. The worst part was that the customer rep asked me to prrove that i called to cancel

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest would not refund my tickets

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

What type of fare did you purchase?

Have you verified there are no travel funds available/associated with the reservation you wanted to cancel? Enter the confirmation number and name of the passenger as it was on the reservation on this page to double check. 

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Re: Southwest would not refund my tickets

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@toni_hakimwrote:

I purchased 2 tickets from SWA and at the last minute I had an emergency that I could not fly, so I called the reservation desk and cancelled my trip, unbeknown to me the customer service representative failed to cancel my tickets, when I called back to book my flight I was told thst the funds were applied to my unused tickets and therefore they will not refund my money. The worst part was that the customer rep asked me to prrove that i called to cancel

Both the booking and cancellation were by phone, and are you a Rapid Rewards member?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.