Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Split travel funds?

Ali1151
Explorer C

I have travel funds from one reservation, but they have a 4 digit additional number appended to the end, so they system will not let me apply all of the credit to a new reservation. It will only take 2 of the funds. Is there a way to combine these? In the picture, the 6 digit number is identical for all 4 funds, but there’s an additional 4 digits that are different on each one. 

36EAA71F-BAEA-4D8E-9734-3BF70E69BD38.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Split travel funds?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Ali1151 wrote:

I have travel funds from one reservation, but they have a 4 digit additional number appended to the end, so they system will not let me apply all of the credit to a new reservation. It will only take 2 of the funds. Is there a way to combine these? In the picture, the 6 digit number is identical for all 4 funds, but there’s an additional 4 digits that are different on each one. 

36EAA71F-BAEA-4D8E-9734-3BF70E69BD38.jpeg

First thing if you are booking a round trip ticket now, book it as two separate one-way tickets then you can use three methods of payment on each ticket. That might solve the issue and let you use up all of the funds.

Then also you can try to find a fare in the system (any city pair) and book that to combine three of the travel funds - it is unlikely to combine them all evenly but find something as close as you can. Then cancel that booking to a travel fund and they should be combined. Repeat that process until you are consolidated.

But if it is these four travel funds and you are booking a round trip - just book two one ways and use two funds each plus cash for the balance on each one-way ticket.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

note june 19 expire date

thorny
Explorer A

Darn - should have searched this group before attempting to use split travel funds.  The tip to book two one-way trips will help in the future.  I have several 'split' confirmation numbers and was grumbling when I still had to use a credit card payment due to the 3 limitation.

Do you know if three splits can be used for a whole payment?  

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yes, three different travel funds may be used to pay for a new ticket as long as the three have a value at least as much as the new ticket.

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is the only annoying thing I have found with travel funds - when you rebook a flight more than once when the price goes down, each adjustment / credit is its own fund. IMO, if you're adjusting the same flight multiple times, it should all go towards the same fund / reservation number so you can use it all in one go. 

--Jessica