Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Still not receiving Christmas 2022 Reimbursement

floridaguy
Aviator C

As anticipated, the Holiday DISASTER lingers on.  I have to wonder if my $1,200 worth of LUV vouchers will be worth anything.

twest_2
Explorer C

I considered making a post on IG or Twitter regarding the reimbursement that I have yet to receive, yet I’m still booking flights through Southwest. Thanks for the suggestion. Lets see what response I get and how long it takes.

mlathus
Explorer C

I am still waiting on my refund. I have tried numerous times to follow up and all I get is automated responses that my message is received. The recently sent me $150 voucher and I think that they are assuming that is sufficient for my $1,000 flight! Not acceptable!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mlathus I think you are mistaken. More details are needed to be able to assist or provide further suggestions. 

--TheMiddleSeat

eflavetta
Explorer C

I sent another email 2/12/23 once again explaining what happened and included all the details..flight number, rapid rewards number, etc. and included a the receipt for a JetBlue flight. I said it was ridiculous that I was still waiting to hear back. I received an email (after the email stating they received mine) on 2/22/23 stating my request was being escalated. Heard from them 3/1/23 that I would be receiving an email from Hyperwallet within in few days. Got it this morning 3/2/23. Frustrating that I had to email every few weeks. I understand there were thousands and thousands of reimbursements but I worry about people who are not proactive and keep checking. Be the squeaky wheel. Good luck.

SW4
Explorer C

It’s Wednesday March 8th. Still no refund for expenses.   Received an email from southwest on January 19 with the amount, customer ID # and a note telling me to be on the lookout for an email from hyper wallet. I checked my email and spam for the next two weeks never received an email. After what seems like a million phone calls and explanations my case has now been accelerated and was told today that someone is working on it. Wish me luck. 

@eflavetta wrote:

I sent another email 2/12/23 once again explaining what happened and included all the details..flight number, rapid rewards number, etc. and included a the receipt for a JetBlue flight. I said it was ridiculous that I was still waiting to hear back. I received an email (after the email stating they received mine) on 2/22/23 stating my request was being escalated. Heard from them 3/1/23 that I would be receiving an email from Hyperwallet within in few days. Got it this morning 3/2/23. Frustrating that I had to email every few weeks. I understand there were thousands and thousands of reimbursements but I worry about people who are not proactive and keep checking. Be the squeaky wheel. Good luck.

eflavetta
Explorer C

Good luck. I think it took about two weeks for me to get another notification from SW. The email had an ID number that I needed for hyperwallet. When I went into hyperwallet I wasn't sure what ID number they were talking about and then remembered the SW email. I think it was the next day I got the email from hyperwallet. I just wonder about those that don't keep pushing...

gweeksjr
Explorer C

04/12/23

I cannot get all my refund from SW. I do not know what to do.

SW owes me a second check.

Gerald Weeks, Jr.

Ventura, CA

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@gweeksjr hopefully you've provided a lot more details to Southwest. Without additional information there's little advice that can be provided to you.

--TheMiddleSeat

eflavetta
Explorer C

Send them another email with all the details again...I told them it was ridiculous that I was still waiting and ended up getting a response. Email them every week if you have to. Good luck.