Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Still not receiving Christmas 2022 Reimbursement

shakuras_forum
Explorer C

My family got stuck in NYC for 2 days due to Southwest meltdown last Christmas. I've submitted reimbursement request online for more than a week, but yet I still haven't received any communications from southwest regarding my reimbursement. I submitted a follow-up message last week, but also no responses. 

Are there anyone else still waiting on their reimbursement? Are there any way I can at least get some responses from them? 

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Still not receiving Christmas 2022 Reimbursement

floridaguy
Aviator C

As I predicted, the legacy of this DISASTER will continue for months...

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

@floridaguy

That was such a helpful comment.... 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As I predicted, @floridaguy posts something that does not help anyone.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

As I predicted, the legacy of this DISASTER will continue for months...

So floridaygiuy, perhaps you could explain how your comment assisted the OP with his/her question...

Cancelled_Vacay
Explorer C

I submitted my reimbursement request on December 30th and I am still waiting for a full response. I have called twice, and my Case is being elevated to the highest imperial most exalted level of importance.

Explorer C

ME TOO!!! and I've called and followed up several several times! I keep getting the run around, and keep getting told, that they're working on it, and the case is under review. Ive had the case escalated several times as well. But its now getting frustrating. because I was sent the initial hyperwallet email, but never got the follow up email with the link, which is weird.

shakuras_forum
Explorer C
Solution

Just wrap this up

First, I made a typo. Instead of "more than a week", it's actually "more than a month"

Second, I eventually messaged southwest twitter account. They gathered my information and send to their customer service, and I got reply in on day, and refunded a few days after. So you might want to try twitter (twitter is still very useful if you can ignore Elon's narcissistic tweets) 

lwhudman
Explorer C

I too am still awaiting a simple reimbursement (airfare only) for a Dec 24th flight. I've submitted twice through what feels like a black hole of a request form and further submitted a detailed email request - at least I received an auto-response with a supposed case # on the latter request. But am +40 days and running with no word from Southwest. RR member since 1998 - have boasted of Southwest vs other airlines to my friends, family, and co-workers over that 25 year period. What an enormous disappointment and erosion of good faith. All for $270. Way to go Southwest!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@lwhudman if you have not received an auto-reply regarding your case in the past week then I suggest contacting Southwest again in writing, providing the case number, and requesting a follow-up.  And just to clarify, is this for reimbursement of expenses you paid to another airline after Southwest cancelled your flight or seeking refund for a Southwest flight that was cancelled?  Two different processes so want to make sure it's clear what you are trying to do.

--TheMiddleSeat