Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stolen from suitcase

Sharona1205
Explorer C

Very sad that we had 2 knives stolen from my husbands suitcase.  While we were visiting friends in Atlanta Georgia over Thanksgiving, my husband received a very nice, Swiss Army Knife from friends,  as a gift from their recent trip to Germany.   On our way back from ATL to Milwaukee, there were 2 knives stolen from his suit case!  One of course was the gift, he had just been given.  Please let me know if there is anything we can do about this.  I would like Southwest to know about this, but not sure how to address it.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Stolen from suitcase

WhoDaresWins
Explorer B

It was probably taken by TSA. As far as I know TSA is the only agency that X-Rays the bags to know what is inside.

Sharona1205
Explorer C

I agree.  Never got the 2 knives back 😞

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about the knife that was taken

was there a TSA note in the bag by chance? If so you would have to file the complaint with the TSA if there wasn't I would call customer relations at 855-234-4654 and see what they Recommend since it has been awhile since travel has been completed 

if the knife was stolen on the way back from thanksgiving travel it may be to late to file a report since it has been so long since travel was complete as I know if a bag was lost or damaged you have 4 hours to report it from the time your flight arrives.

hope your husband gets his knife back 

Blake

Sharona1205
Explorer C

We didn’t figure it out until January or February, when he wanted to use it...which we felt was too late too. There wasn’t a note and we are sure, it was thieft by the TSA.