Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stolen

Niceguy
Explorer C

This is twice this has happened to me... baggage  handlers at Las Vegas NV have stolen pocket knives out of my luggage....

When is southwest going to fire these guys.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Stolen

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your stuff is missing

As mentioned here many times before, numerous people had the ability to steal your stuff.

SW baggage handlers at both airports.

Airport baggage handlers at both airports. 

TSA employees at both airports

Who took your stuff? Well, unless the theft waa captured on camera, there is absolutely no way to know.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Why do baggage handlers always get blamed when TSA is the agency that actually goes through bags as part of their process?

Start here: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/i-have-missing-or-damaged-item-how-do-i-file-c...

--TheMiddleSeat

Stolen

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Niceguy You have two good responses on the issue, take those into consideration.  I might add this, maybe put a small lock on it.  Although TSA does reserve the right to break the lock off should they so choose, it may deter for some period of time.   I often see bags come onto the carousel after a flight that has locks on them, so they made it through TSA without being snipped off and the contents appear to have remained safe.  

Lisa69
Explorer C

Numerous people had the ability to steal your stuff.

Niceguy
Explorer C

Thank you for reply the problem with everyone's reply is that we as a society don't condem the action and just think its normal society.... that is the problem with our country as a whole....

I have not been given any info from SW to be able to contact Las Vegas to have them look for my stuff given the pretense it was maybe spilled out of my bag and not stolen.  I still believe there is hope that people will want to do the right thing but I am considering this platform doesn't help to solve anything just allow for people to vent.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Niceguy did you contact TSA as suggested? Link was provided. It's hardly our position to condemn anyone based on not knowing what happened. You have no proof any Southwest employee took anything yet you want to condemn them? Perhaps you should breathe a bit and follow the suggestions provided. It makes the most sense that TSA removed an item since they have access to the bag AND actually open bags as part of their screening process.

--TheMiddleSeat

Niceguy
Explorer C

Thank you ...no I have not contacted tsa as there was no identification paperwork signaling they searched my bag, as they normally do put in my bag when searched.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Niceguy wrote:

Thank you ...no I have not contacted tsa as there was no identification paperwork signaling they searched my bag, as they normally do put in my bag when searched.

First, I don't know that those tags are still a thing 100% of the time.  Second, I'm pretty sure thieves don't leave tags behind.

As others have said, many people have access to your bags.  The real message here is investigate all options before condemning one that happens to be the most visible option.

--TheMiddleSeat