Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Swapping to Companion Pass Booking on Sold Out Flight

roburg
Explorer C

Just wanted to close this thread out and say that a ticket opened up tonight and I was able to grab it  so crisis averted.  Great news for us but I was looking to see if the Gate Agents would have been able to work some special magic at the airport to provide a data point for future reference.  

Thanks Everyone.

John

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@roburgwrote:

Blake - 

I fly out next Saturday so I doubt a single ticket will open up this close in, but I hope I am wrong!  I'm checking daily!

I would say the opposite, there is often a lot of action on the day prior and day of a flight - at least for domestic destinations. I'm not sure if that's true for international flights though.

I would think mainly cancels and not so many trying to add, but that's just a gut feeling, I don't have data.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

roburg
Explorer C

wanted to add a data point.  i had one extra seat booked this scenario on one leg and canceled the extra seat on the phone.  inventory immediately went back and i was able to immediately book a CP, so others in this situation, trying to cancel and rebook with CP on a sold out flight, I would say this is fairly safe, in my eperience, especially now that SW isnt overbooking flights since the United disaster....