Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TSA Precheck

denno
Adventurer B

In June my wife and I traveled from DEN to PVR, but our TSA Precheck information was not printed on our boarding passes (as it should have been - we made all the right pre-flight data entries).   We went through the long, regular TSA inspection line.  Upon our return I inquired of Customer Service why we couldn't use our  Precheck clearance for our Southwest flight.  I was given a "Captain Obvious" answer that this service is not offered for Southwest international flights.  My still-unanswered question is "why not?"  TSA's inspection procedures are no different for international destinations.  United Airlines can do it.   Why can't Southwest?  Is it the antique computer situation?  We want to travel to Mexico again next year, but can I expect that Southwest will offer Precheck for its international flights then?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: TSA Precheck

fishcolorado
Explorer C

I totally agree.. I love SWA but am now flying Unitedd to Mexico because of this.. When I contact SWA they have no answer..As they increase international flying I would sincerely hope they would set a date to solve this.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi Denno,

I'm excited to let you know that effective Tuesday, July 19, Customers will be able to get TSA PreCheck for international reservations. I know our Customers have been wanting this for quite some time, so we're pleased to continue making the travel experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. 

paule4ou
Explorer B

Is this legit? I've flown 4 trips internationally this year and never had Pre-Check. I get it 100% of the time domestically on SWA.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Yes, this is a legitimate. We began offering it in July, so if your trips were before then, or if they were booked before then, you would not have received PreCheck. 

Daragh
Explorer C

where do I enter my TSA number on my account number? thanks

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can add your Known Traveler Number to your account on southwest.com

Log into your account, then select My Account and scroll down to the My Preferences/Personal area and click the Edit button. You can input the number on the edit screen. Be sure to check that your name, including middle name, matches your TSA profile exactly. 

You can also manually enter the number in the traveler info section when making a purchase. If you put it in your account it will be entered for you when purchasing a flight.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Keep in mind that it will not automatically populate to existing reservations after adding it to your account. You'll need to go back and add it to each existing reservation.