Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Technical help with browser here

gsking
Aviator C

Recently the reply screen only shows a few icons for editing my message.   The important ones like quoting a post in a reply show up,  but quickly vanish.

Anyone here a wizard with HTML and know what's going on? 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Technical help with browser here

dfwskier
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Recently the reply screen only shows a few icons for editing my message.   The important ones like quoting a post in a reply show up,  but quickly vanish.

Anyone here a wizard with HTML and know what's going on? 

Using an I- pad everything seems normal

tap on the three dots. Then tap on the “ marks.

that’s what I just did

gsking
Aviator C

Yeah,  not visible in Chrome.   Strange.   New problem.   The fact that they show up for a split second and then vanish behind the text window is odd. 

Another reason I hate programmers. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Yeah,  not visible in Chrome.   Strange.   New problem.   The fact that they show up for a split second and then vanish behind the text window is odd. 

Unless you are on a chrome book, just try another browser

dfwskier
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Chrome on an I pad operates normally. That’s what I’m using for this post

jksobonya
Aviator A

Whenever I reply on Chrome there is only 1 row of icons, with the final icon being 3 dots. Click that and you will see the rest of the icons including the Quote option. 

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C
  • No 3 dots for me as you'd expect.   Just 3 dots and lines to get this. 
  • Really
  • Annoying. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:
  • Really
  • Annoying. 

What OS are you running?

Chrome on both my Chomebook and I Pad is operating normally. This response s from my Chromebook. The earlier one was from an I Pad.

Perhaps reinstall Chrome?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@gsking wrote:
  • Really
  • Annoying. 

What OS are you running?

Chrome on both my Chomebook and I Pad is operating normally. This response s from my Chromebook. The earlier one was from an I Pad.

Perhaps reinstall Chrome?

Allright, this post is via Windows 10. So for me, Chrome operates as it should on all Operating Systems.: Windows, IOS and Android.

There is something unique about your setup that  is causing your problem.. The problem is not endemic to Chrome.

See the suggestions earlier in the thread to make sure that your Chrome browser is not set up in portrait mode, and to try reloading Chrome.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Chrome on iPad here... In portrait mode the 3 dots do not appear.  Rotate to landscape mode and the 3 dots appear.  If you click the 3 dots in landscape mode to show the additional options you can then switch back to portrait mode and some, but not all of the additional options will still be there.

Adding @AshleyMainz for awareness.

--TheMiddleSeat