Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thanks Southwest for Ruining my Birthday!

RulesBroken
Explorer C

I booked a flight to NYC and I received an e-mail saying that the flight was delayed by 30 minutes and the boarding was delayed. I arrived at the gate only to see that they boarded close to the original time, departed, and did not make any last calls or anything. I had been near the gate for an hour and I would have heard if there were any last calls. It was my birthday and they ruined it.

Two days later, I was sick and they delayed my return flight but would not let me rebook without paying the full fee for a new ticket! While I am sick and it is my birthday weekend. I am expected to wait while they keep delaying the flight and keep changing the gates while I am running around with whatever tropical illness that I acquired and I am expected to play their games all night to get a flight.

Southwest is HORRIBLE. Whenever someone complains, they claim to send a stupid $50 voucher that no one ever receives. Southwest is Satan's airline.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Thanks Southwest for Ruining my Birthday!

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

Happy birthday 

Sorry your birthday was reunited because of a flight delay which got made up and ended up leaving close to on time as well as the delay and gate changes 

I know that when you book the wanna getaway fare you must pay the difference in fare to move to a different flight now I know if the delay is more than 1 hour you can call reservations and they can make a one time change for free if other flights are available. 

I would recommend calling customer relations to discuss your flight problems at 855-234-4654 or you can email from the southwest website by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the home page. You could also try to reach on on twitter or Facebook in private message 

also about that voucher that no one receives I have actually received those vouchers before by email with no problem if you were suppose to receive one and didn't I would check your spam folder or reach out to customer relations and they can research what happened with the voucher and re send if needed. If they issued you the voucher today or a few days a go it can take up to 2 weeks to get the voucher.

hope this helps 

Blake 

RulesBroken
Explorer C

Thank you very much for the advice.

Would you post the contact link? When I try to find it, it goes to a list of telephone numbers and they do not respond well by phone.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sure here is the link 

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html

on that page there will be a link under the email us that says send us a message when you click on that you can fill out your info and they will respond as soon as they can. I would recommend opening on a computer as it is more user friendly in my opinion.

if you need any other help trying to email please let me know!

Blake 

RulesBroken
Explorer C

Thank you very much!