Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thanks again

Ronshan
Explorer C

Thank you Southwest. My overnight stay in Ft Lauderdale is wonderful. I have many many "friends" who are allowed to sleep in the Hotel Airport free of charge and they're much appreciative as am I and my wife. I'm sure that all the international travellers who got the pleasure of a one way ticket from NAS to FAA with a connecting flight that you decided must be cancelled, are enjoying the smelly sleepy homeless folks as much as I am. Thanks for allowing me to ask for a hotel room for the night, the idea which was properly squashed by your wonderful supervisory employee who stated " not for a weather event" and dismissed me and my audacity for even considering the possibility. Thank you so much for forcing me to pay the additional cost of a customer focused airline for my future travels. I also appreciate your focus on those less fortunate than your paying customers. Perhaps one day one of them will hit the lottery and purchase an airline ticket from you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Thanks again

Ronshan
Explorer C

Homeless Hotel FLLHomeless Hotel FLL

Ronshan
Explorer C

See all the luggage? NOT! Real homeless.

I found it unbelievable. Happens every night as one semi-sane resident told me. He'd been staying there every night for a week.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You can also ask if the agent has vouchers for discounts, although you would still be responsible for the room there could be a discount available.

No domestic airline pays for hotels during weather events. that isn't only a Southwest policy.

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well on your trip though. 

I'm sure there were some disruptions if you destination was on the East Coast, there was quite a band of storms earlier this evening.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Ronshan
Explorer C

Sorry for the general statement. 5 flights from FLL to BWI cancelled. Several hours window of cancellation. Seemed a bit drastic to me but hey, way to ruin a nice vacation.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

@Ronshan wrote:

Thanks for allowing me to ask for a hotel room for the night, the idea which was properly squashed by your wonderful supervisory employee who stated " not for a weather event" and dismissed me and my audacity for even considering the possibility. Thank you so much for forcing me to pay the additional cost of a customer focused airline for my future travels.

Getting stuck at an airport due to a weather event is frustrating, I agree. It's happened to me a few times. However, there's not a single U.S. airline with a policy to provide passengers a hotel room for a cancellation due to a weather event. I imagine that there are quite a few American, United, and Delta passengers who slept at the airport last night also.

You honestly won't find a more customer-focused airline than Southwest.