Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

They extended my travel fund

Lesliewon
Explorer C

Was able to call and get an extension on my travel fund without paying the penalty! Thankful for Caroline for hearing me out knowing I was unable to travel due to the pandemic . 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: They extended my travel fund

Bshatc01
Explorer B

@Lesliewon 

I am dealing with this unsuccessfully as we speak. Can you give me the cliff’s notes of your story?  Also, how long was the extension?

Lesliewon
Explorer C

I just told them I couldn’t really travel due to the pandemic and fear of getting Covid. I did call before and had this lady who was so rude. Just kept shutting me down before even speaking or explaining that I was unable to travel. Caroline was sweet and I believe is on who you talk to. I understand they are following policy but i hope they are able to help people. Especially during this time which most of us can’t leave our home left alone travel. 

Lesliewon
Explorer C

Also 6 months 

rich1954
Adventurer A

Did you ask after your funds expired or before.

mgarczynski
Explorer C

I'm on a chat right now and was told the penalty was the only option.  Very harsh given the trip was supposed to be a celebration for obtaining a masters degree

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Lesliewon wrote:

Was able to call and get an extension on my travel fund without paying the penalty! Thankful for Caroline for hearing me out knowing I was unable to travel due to the pandemic . 

Have you received your voucher yet, and verified that there was no fee deducted?

mgarczynski
Explorer C

They definitely aren't showing any consideration for the COVID travel restrictions.  I've never been fond of them but we have to use them for company travel.  I think I'll go back to them being last on my list for travel. 

I would imagine this community isn't monitored and you can't ask questions on their Facebook page.  You can comment on their posts but not create.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@mgarczynski wrote:

They definitely aren't showing any consideration for the COVID travel restrictions.  I've never been fond of them but we have to use them for company travel.  I think I'll go back to them being last on my list for travel. 

I would imagine this community isn't monitored and you can't ask questions on their Facebook page.  You can comment on their posts but not create.  

This community is monitored, but is basically a customer-to-customer forum. Southwest employees here (always clearly identified) aren't really able to help customers directly, but there are multiple other channels for that. 

Southwest's Facebook page is an extension of their Customer Relations channel. Most posts there receive an official reply, and you're always welcome to send a direct message.

Contact Customer Relations