Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

This here is exactly how they get away with this smh

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C
Several people at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport spoke to CNN's Nick Valencia on Thursday about their travel experiences with Southwest this holiday season.
"I mean, it's just par for the course. This is flight travel, everyone's trying to get everywhere at the same time. Unfortunately, Southwest took the brunt of this year's travel unfortunate situation," Roderic Hister told CNN.
When asked what he thought about the lack of lines at the Southwest counters at the airport, Hister said: "Maybe speaks to the improvements that they're trying to make, because there's not long lines, people aren't here complaining. So, maybe you know, the efforts to redeem themselves are working."
Winston Williams, standing near Hister, said he intends to still use the airline in the future.
"I like Southwest. I mean, the bags are free," Williams said.

Really? The bags are free so I'll bend over lol.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: This here is exactly how they get away with this smh

dfwskier
Aviator A

There were no lines at Dallas Love Field today, either.

No one is forcing you to fly Southwest.

It really is pretty simple.

If you do not like Southwest, then fly someone else.

l cRe: This here is exactly how they get away with this smh

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

Its amazing you will continue to patronize a company that did so many people dirty during the holidays. 

Re: l cRe: This here is exactly how they get away with this smh

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Just booked 2 more flights for two weeks from now. Yes, I was impacted last weekend. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have three SW round trips between now and the middle of February ,

and the vast majority of the 130,000,000+ million people that flew SW in 2022, and were not affected by the mess, will continue to fly the airline.

denno
Adventurer B

"Nothing to see here folks, just move along."  Dfwskier and The MiddleSeat are the 2 biggest shills I've ever seen.  "The company can do no wrong."  I like Southwest overall and for now, will continue to fly them, but when there is a major problem, which there IS, FIX THE DARN PROBLEM!  and that always starts with acknowledging that there IS a problem.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@denno always appreciate being called names, thank you. Have a lovely day! 

--TheMiddleSeat

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

Air travel has risks, any airline can and has had an occasional meltdown, pick your poison or pick your pleasure. I was impacted, and made adjustments, no worries. If it was life or death I would have booked another carrier, chartered part 135, or flown my own plane. It wasn't, thankfully. Still, Southwest came through rebooking my flights at no charge, extending my companion pass so that I could renew it with points in January, and unexpectedly gave me 50,000 points for my canceled flights. Southwest is not perfect, none of them are, but they're one of the safest airlines, they meet my use case, and they take care of their customers under adversity. I thank Southwest for that and will continue to support them, including two new trips I just booked. Anyone truly not happy with Southwest can book an alternative; but me, I'm staying with them.

PS - I'm neither a shill nor Southwest employee, just a regular customer who's flown millions of miles across the globe with all carriers and by myself.

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

Hey hey, CNN has moved on from the missing flight MH370.

floridaguy
Aviator C

...over the ocean blue...